Safety, Compliance %26 Assurance Coordinator
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Safety, Compliance & Assurance Coordinator
Location: RAF Lossiemouth. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: £31,410+ depending on experience
What you’ll be doing:
The Safety, Compliance & Assurance Co-ordinator is responsible to their Line Leader for the assurance against the appropriate regulatory, statutory and business requirements, co-ordination and administration of safety activities within the area of responsibility.
- Performance indicators – Ensure the effective provision of Aircraft Maintenance, safety activities and Support Assurance activities by meeting delivery targets and reporting any impact on Continuing Airworthiness. Understand how individual actions contribute to overall delivery performance
- Completion of activities – Ensure all Safety Activities, Aircraft Maintenance and Support Assurance activities are appropriately documented and airworthiness records are maintained on relevant systems (IT / paper based). Compile required reporting, identify any issues and escalate as appropriate
- Procedures/standards – Comply with the Aircraft Maintenance, Safety and Support Assurance Exposition, its associated procedures and standards and any other Company procedures and standards, as applicable. Identify and propose changes, as required
- Safety Management System – Ensure Human Factors and Error Management philosophies are applied to all Aircraft Maintenance, Safety and Support Assurance activities. Understand the risks associated with Aircraft Maintenance and Support Assurance and the means by which they are mitigated and managed.
- Management System Assurance – Ensure Aircraft Maintenance, Safety and Support Assurance activities are compliant with the AM&S Governance and Assurance framework, including supporting Process Confirmations and independent assurance audits. Support the response to audit findings in a timely and appropriate manner and provide information to support the relevant reviews. Support the implementation of identified improvements to overcome any non-compliance and monitor effectiveness.
- Statutory / Regulatory & Legislation requirements – Able to demonstrate an appropriate level of understanding and application of the relevant Continuing Airworthiness Regulatory framework. Support the implementation of any Regulatory-driven changes into the Aircraft Maintenance, Safety and Support Assurance activities. Ensure compliance with all other requirements, e.g. ITAR, EaPW, ISO, etc.
- Contractual Requirements – Ensure compliance with applicable contractual requirements, e.g. through support to contract reviews and the incorporation of required changes into Aircraft Maintenance, Safety and Support Assurance processes
Your skills and experiences:
- Lead auditor qualified and a relevant degree/ HND or HNC, or relevant/equivalent vocational experience
- Relevant knowledge, background and satisfactory experience related to Aircraft Maintenance and Support operations in an availability contract environment.
- Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of appropriate regulatory requirements e.g. MAOS and emerging military regulations and/or European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA).
- Previous experience of Safety Management Systems
- Experience of Root cause analysis techniques
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The Safety, Compliance & Assurance team:
As a Safety, Compliance & Assurance (SC&A) Co-ordinator, you will play a key role in contributing to the development, delivery and adherence of Safety & Quality Assurance processes helping to ensure all Aircraft Maintenance, Safety and Support Assurance activities are compliant with the applicable Governance and Assurance framework.
You will also contribute directly to the wider Product Safety Risk Management for the Typhoon platform and provide support and guidance on Safety & Quality Assurance across the Maintenance & Support Areas at RAF Lossiemouth.
In addition, this role will provide you with the opportunity to work with a range of Customer stakeholders. Each Stakeholder has different requirements & needs, therefore, this is an exciting and varied role which offers great exposure to working with a wide range of Customer & Business areas. You will also be part of a Team that whilst in its infancy continues to develop and has a lot of potential for scope growth.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.