BAE Systems UK
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Scotstoun, Glasgow; We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £67,000 depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing complex project scope ensuring customer requirements are achieved and that accurate recording and reporting of progress is maintained
- Translating contracted requirements into a complete and coherent plan of the work to be performed, including a schedule, project structures, work package definitions, resource plan and associated documents
- Providing regular plan/schedule updates to Control Account Manager (CAM) and project reviews
- Stakeholder management of a multi-disciplinary team in a project environment
- Building and maintaining effective liaison with all groups involved in project delivery to enable all requirements of projects to be delivered and any issues resolved effectively
- Providing advice and recommendations to senior programme managers and directors to support decision making
Your skills and experiences:
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and the ability to guide and influence senior stakeholders across Engineering, Supply Chain and Production
- Proficient understanding of project lifecycle management
- Professional PM Qualification or years of practical experience gained through application of Project Management
- Ability to handle ambiguity and resolve complex project-related problems
- Experienced project manager with extensive knowledge of project management (tools, techniques, practices) in a complex engineering/production environment
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The Type 26 Programme team:
As a Project Manager on this team, you will be charged with the delivery of work scope supporting the fast-paced and hands on Type 26 Programme. This will give you the opportunity to work on one of the most complex and major Defence programmes in the UK.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation