Strategic Workforce Planning Lead
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Strategic Workforce Planning Lead
Location: Farnborough (This can be based at any BAE UK site) - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: £62K - £90K dependant on skill and experience
What you’ll be doing:
Working closely with the Total Talent Centre of Expertise and the Maritime and Land Chief Operating Office, you will lead strategic workforce planning (SWP) activity for the Sector providing assurance to the business that it has the critical capabilities it needs at all times through focus on short, medium and long-range workforce planning activity. Core responsibilities include:
- Develop and deliver SWP methodology leading the businesses within the Sector to conduct a consistent, best-practice data collection process that results in robust demand data and insights
- Utilising the demand data, lead the Sector to develop a robust strategic workforce plan and investment case
- Provision of workforce analytics and insights / trend reporting as well as the development, implementation and measurement of effective workforce strategies.
- Feed into the enterprise, sharing best practice and acting as the focal point for knowledge management for SWP within the Sector.
Your skills and experiences:
- Strong SWP experience – both Data/Methodology & Development of a long-range strategic workforce plan
- Must have worked in a medium to large complex corporate environments
- Outstanding stakeholder engagement skills
- Strong report writing and presentation skills
- Excel & data analysis skills
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Maritime & Land Central HR team:
Join a newly created team and be part of building a new strategic Total Talent management function designed to modernise and create better connected and consistent sustainable people practices. This is a significant change leadership role that you will be able to make your own.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.