Senior Programme Lead
BAE Systems UK
Location: United Kingdom
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Programme Lead
Location: Glascoed or Radway Green - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: £80,000+ dependent on experience and qualifications + Car Allowance and Bonus
We have an exciting critical leadership role in which you will drive programmes (c£70m portfolio) within Land UK and ensure the delivery and integration of the programme, product and engineering resources, to ensure customer and business expectations are met.
You will also take responsibility for our new business wins and customer relations, with Business Development embedded into the portfolio to support your role.
Your success in this role will bring a fantastic range of opportunities for you to further your career within BAE.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting the team’s knowledge and continual learning regarding customer needs and the development process as well as ensuring access to tools which will enhance task performance
- Ensuring resource is optimised and in line with Sales and Operations Planning provisioning to enable close control of organisational costs
- Developing and nurturing relationships with key strategic customers to be their ‘supplier of choice’
- Maintaining customer close customer connections to gather information and explore further opportunities that you can transform into business wins
- Facilitating the effective delivery of functional support through engagement and undertaking of functional deliverables
- Leading the project life cycle planning and continuing the cost-effective balance between time, cost and performance
- Collaborating internally to leverage vertical integration to product portfolio and externally to drive pace in technology development and adoption
Your skills and experiences:
- Qualified to degree level, preferably in Business Management, or a technical related subject
- You have the passion and business acumen to manage and develop a multifunctional team
- Demonstrable Project Management skills are essential
- Track record of delivering complex projects
- Ability to delegate and hold people to account for delivery
- You will be a first-class communicator, with excellent listening and facilitation skills
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
You will work directly with the Programmes Director and manage a team of around seven function leads, as well as collaborating with the support functions in finance, commercial and procurement and business development to drive performance.
As well as enjoying a range of relationships across the business, you will also operate with autonomy as you take responsibility for all customer management and own projects.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.