Electrical Controls Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title Job title: Electrical Controls Engineer - FTC 23 months
Location: Glascoed, South Wales
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Competitive, depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide support to existing systems maintenance and be key in the roll out of essential security driven changes and improvements
- Carry out both hardware and software changes to the control systems, fault finding, testing and commissioning
- Work safely within our current diverse industrial control systems to a high standard of Health and Safety
- Assessing and fault finding our collaborative robotic and automated processes
- Working on and supporting bespoke ICS Distributed Control System (DCS) solutions to ensure each asset remains fully operational and protected
- Preparation, review, and maintenance of documents, policies, and standards governing the control operations and assessments
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree or BTEC (HND/HNC) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or similar subject, or qualified through experience
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge with PLC/HMI/SCADA systems
- Understanding of mechanical systems
- Experience of working on automated manufacturing processes such as robotics, PLC's, CNC's
- Good understanding of electro/mechanical control and design principles
- Broad experience of detailed electrical engineering in controls
- Understanding of ICS design and installations
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
As a Controls Electrical Engineer, you will have proven experience of working on automated and robotics manufacturing processes, and assessing the existing industrial control systems (ICS) assets within a highly licenced critical defence manufacturing landscape. You will have the opportunity to work for a global defence contractor in a growing team with the chance to make your mark.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.