Operability Engineer - Senior
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: OperabilityEngineer - Senior
Location: Barrow-in-Furness (Hybrid) - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
What you’ll be doing
- Reviewing / assessing the developing Submarine design to ensure it is safe, operable and habitable by its crew, through attendance at design reviews, review of the 3D CAD model.
- Review of design documentation, and participation in experimental design and user trials, provision of design guidance and sharing of SQEP knowledge (not essential as this will be provided by SM on the job)
- Providing support to safety activities e.g., HAZID, HAZOPS, ALARP Optioneering workshops
- Providing support to Operating Documentation (OPDOC) Production Authority in support of OPDOC derivation and verification
Your skills and experiences:
- Experienced in one of the following disciplines: CAT B Reactor Panel Operator/METOW/Main Control Desk Operator, Ship Control Officer of the Watch – Relevant Qualifications to skills required
- Experience and knowledge across any of the following disciplines: Electrical Generation & Distribution, Ship & Propulsion Systems and/or Damage Control, SMERAS or Whole Boat Activities
- Operational knowledge serving on the Astute (preferred) or Vanguard Class of Submarine
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Operability team:
In the Operability Team you will work alongside other Ex-Submariners with experience across the full fleet of UK SSBNs and SSNs to share the challenges they face with a wide range of designers, engineers, and key stakeholders to create novel solutions, developing Submarines that are optimised for use by the very people who live and work in them.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently under-represented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.