Engineering Team Leader
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Engineering Team Leader
Location: Rochester- We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £65,000 depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Inspiring, guiding and coaching engineers in development of new and enhanced products
- Steering new and improved systems development through implementation whilst making use of best practice systems lifecycle processes alongside techniques such as Learn First and Agile
- Providing a role model to others with clear technical and strategic guidance, empowering and nurturing talent in other engineers
Your skills and experiences:
- A degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant Scientific/Engineering subject (e.g. Engineering, Physics or Mathematics)
- Proven experience developing and delivering systems in relevant product markets and/or domains, such as one or more of the following; control systems, real time displays, safety related systems, or systems containing multiple technical disciplines
- Proven experience in systems engineering may include one or more of the following; requirements management, design or safety analyses, modelling, simulation
- Experience using tools such as DOORS, Siemens Polarion, Enterprise Architect, MATLAB, Simulink and design methodologies such as SysML and Model Based Systems Engineering
- Customer and/or supplier liaison experience for technical aspects
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The Systems Engineering team:
As a senior member of the team in one of the world's leading defence, security and aerospace companies, you will play a key part in enabling the development and supply of products across a diverse mix of commercial and military platforms; Head Up and Head Worn Displays, Safety Critical Pilot Control and Flight Control Systems.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation