Senior Engineer - Software Engineering
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Software Engineer
Location: Frimley, we offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Playing a key role in systems engineering activity for the development and deployment of new products
- Understanding our customers’ challenging needs, developing, validating, and managing requirements
- Developing and documenting complex system architectures and sub-systems, providing evidence of fitness for purpose and customer value
- Integrating systems containing electronic, mechanical and software sub-systems, understanding the potential impact across the entire system as well as interfacing platforms and equipment
- Taking accountability for technical work packages and verifying that customer needs are satisfied through qualification and test activities
- Working within a diverse group of engineers, providing guidance, and coaching to others
- Steering new systems development through implementation of best practice systems lifecycle processes
Your skills and experiences:
- Experienced in .NET/Core, C#
- Relational databases (MySQL) on Windows/Linux platforms
- Full Lifecycle Development using Visual Studio
- Atlassian Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket and GIT
- Interfacing, APIs, and networking protocols (TCP/UDP)
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Submarine Combat System Software Team
You will play a key role in delivering infrastructure service applications to assist in the development of next generation systems. You will collaborate with dedicated engineering teams to configure and deploy the next generation systems, as well as with multiple project stakeholders to define, detail, design and develop appropriate infrastructure service solutions to meet our customer’s needs. This role will provide you with the opportunity to work on a high-profile project within the BAE Systems business which could lead to future development opportunities within the team or the wider BAE Systems Business.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.