BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Location: Frimley, flexible working arrangements can be given
What you’ll be doing:
- Taking overall responsibility for specific trials including planning, organising, running, analysing and writing up trials results
- Leading, mentoring and supporting other members of the External Communications Systems (ECS) independent test organisation when required
- Maintaining the ECS facility to ensure that is available to support all activities
- Developing and managing a programme for all activities to be undertaken in the ECS facility, ensuring all dependencies and risk are understood and any conflicts between programmes are managed and/or raised via appropriate channels
- Providing technical support to engineering teams from suppliers to identify and resolve any issues
- Providing test information captured during testing and feeding back to the stakeholders
- Requirements capture from key stakeholders including TAs and dTAs and decomposition
- Carrying out the decomposition of requirements and translating them into testable cases and test procedures
- Undertake setting to work and integration trials on in-service and in-build platform in support of the waterfront engineering teams as required
Your skills and experiences:
- Operational radio experience as a maintainer and / or as an operator (preferably on military)
- Able to use Microsoft products to generate findings reports
- Experience training others in areas of expertise
- Willing to be crossed trained in other areas
- Willing to travel
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The ICS Build and Test Team:
You will be responsible for all the formal design and integration trials on the in-build and in-service External Communications Systems (ECS). This role will provide you with an opportunity to work with world leading facilities, as well as gain experience and grow across all aspects of combat systems build and test operations.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.