Senior Mission Systems Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Mission Systems Engineer
Location: Warton/ Samlesbury - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
Salary: £47,123 + depending on experience
What you’ll be doing:
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will be joining a highly skilled, professional team within the Mission Systems Community. Based at the Warton Unit, you will have the opportunity to work with the Customer, Partners and/ or Suppliers, both at Warton and at their respective sites. Some typical tasks you would be expected to lead:
- Systems Requirements Management (capture, manipulation and management of systems requirements)
- Systems Safety Engineering (analysis of the Systems Safety requirements)
- Systems Integration (structuring and partitioning of complex systems)
- Systems Specification and Procurement
- Systems Integration, Qualification & Acceptance
- System Installation and Support
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree educated Science/Engineering discipline or HND/HNC with sound experience of the Engineering Lifecycle
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering, especially ‘Systems of Systems’ engineering would be beneficial
- The ideal candidate will have experience of fulfilling challenging customer requirements to tight timescales and budgets.
- Previous design or test experience of aircraft avionics would also be beneficial
- The role may require some use of the IBM Telelogic DOORS Requirements Management tool, so previous experience is preferred, however training can be provided
- Have creative problem-solving skills and be comfortable with suggesting improvements and introducing new ideas
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Mission Systems Engineer team:
We have a multitude of projects and roles that need you; we will align your skills and experience to these roles, providing you with a challenging and highly technical opportunity to be part of the development of new technology with the Mission Systems teams. You will have exposure to a varied number of subsystems from weapons, displays & controls, radars to electronic warfare with opportunities in the broader support services domain.
You will get the opportunity to work across the engineering lifecycle from requirements through to design, development and implementation getting involved in all areas of the business. This also includes requirements management, interface between the systems, safety, systems concept, architecture, design, testing, certification.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.