Data Systems Manager
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Data Systems Manager
Location: Preston: We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: £38,000 + depending on experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Operational responsibility for leading the team and ensuring the effective and efficient delivery of Data Quality Business as Usual services and various key project deliverables
- Involved in scoping and planning meetings with Change Management/Business HR teams/Data Leads to share best practice and help them shape the approach for large scale business re-organisations, agreeing requirements and timescales for delivery
- Responsible for managing mass data uploads into SuccessFactors with minimum impact on other system integrations
- Provide the HR Data Systems resource and guidance to support project work and or deliverables in association with agreed projects
- Work closely with Change Management, Transitions, Project leads ensuring that we deliver on time and ensuring processes are fully impact assessed
- Ensure that services are delivered with strong governance and focus on statutory compliance requirements and data integrity principles
- Work collaboratively with various stakeholders to provide specialist and operational knowledge on system integrations
- Responsible for the development of direct reports by scheduling regular review meetings, objective setting and identifying development opportunities
Your skills and experiences:
- Ability to lead, coach, manage and motivate a team to achieve the highest standards of performance and accuracy
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple activities
- Intermediate Excel skills as a minimum
- Project Management/Lean/Six Sigma experience
- Knowledge of SAP products or other HR Data Systems with experience of Process Mapping tools
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The HR Data Systems Team:
This is an exciting opportunity reporting into The Data Quality Team Manager. You will be responsible for 11 direct reports and this role will give you the exposure to various HR and Finance service streams with an opportunity to consider career development within the wider business.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.