Engineering Manager (Shock and Dynamics)
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Engineering Manager (Shock and Dynamics)
Location: Barrow-In-Furness (Hybrid available - 2 days per week onsite)
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead and develop a team of engineers in the field of Naval shock (Naval Shock experience is not a necessity)
- Act as technical authority setting design requirements with respect to Naval shock
- Ensure verification and validation (V&V) evidence meets design requirements for Naval shock
- Set budgets and resource requirements for a team across multiple large-scale programmes
- Managing task packages and providing feedback to senior stakeholders
Your skills and experiences:
- Mechanical Engineering Degree (or STEM degree)
- Knowledge of design calculations (i.e., bolted joints / bending moment / shear stress)
- Understanding of material strength properties and limits
- Understanding of setting functional requirements and generating V&V documentation
- People leadership experience or a demonstration in leading an area
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
Shock and Dynamics Team:
This is an exciting opportunity, in a niche field, that applies engineering skills to design and qualify equipment subjected to naval shock. The successful candidate will be working across multiple submarine programmes, at different stages of the product lifecycle, and will influence the product design to meet naval shock requirements. The successful candidate will be supported with training and career development opportunities.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.