Fluid Systems Design Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Airframe Fluid Sub-Systems Design Engineer/Team Lead
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £57,344 (Commensurate with skills and experience)
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead and support an Airframe Fluid Sub-Systems Engineering team responsible for maturing and releasing engineering, taking responsibility for managing and developing the sub-team.
- Review & Approval of engineering data ensuring compliance with requirements, governance and quality standards.
- Ensure that the Airframe Fluid Sub-Systems Engineering team discharges its work to cost and schedule, working with Project Control to resolve queries and maintain a topical schedule.
- Lead fluid sub-systems design reviews and support the generation of compliance evidence against requirements.
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience of airframe fluid system design and test, demonstrable level of delegated authority.
- Working knowledge of CAD / Product Data Management systems.
- People management skills and ability to lead and motivate teams
- A degree in a STEM subject or equivalent relevant experience (preferably with Aerospace / Airframe Engineering focus).
- Experience of leading a team/people management skill would be advantageous
- Good team-working skills
- A proactive approach to problem solving
- Effective communication skills
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Airframe Fluid Systems Design Team:
The Airframe Fluid Systems Design team integrates vehicle and mission systems into vehicle platforms across multiple exciting and unique programs within FalconWorks™
You will be responsible for maturing elements of fluid systems design from concept to compliancecost and schedule. This role would ultimately have delegated design approval signatory authority at a sub-system level. Having the opportunity to contribute to the design of key components of the next generation of aircraft Programmes.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.