IM%26T Manager - Enterprise Architect
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: IM&T Manager – Enterprise Architecture
Location: Barrow-in-Furness. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements for the role
Salary: Dependent on experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Actively work with the product groups to coordinate “Glue” the respective IM&T strategies and roadmaps together in manner aligned to business unit and sector strategies and objectives
- Understand the health of the submarines business and guiding the investment prioritisation process to ensure that it aligns with a sound understanding of the holistic business needs and priorities
- Support the design authority in defining and assuring the interaction between the Product Groups and the Architecture Office in the design review process. Provide and/or identify the Architecture expertise to operate the design review process
- Work with the product groups to identify cross programme dependencies and co-ordinate an aligned solution direction; manage design trade-offs optimising a balance of requirement fit, strategy alignment, total cost of ownership and delivery schedule
- Reviewing product group debt and obsolescence to identify hotspots that would have broader implications to the IM&T service and delivery
- Be a leading figure in a team accountable for the viability of the enterprise solution architecture spanning solutions delivered by our product groups
Your skills and experiences:
- Experienced Enterprise/Business Architect with knowledge of architectural frameworks and their application (e.g. TOGAF), with an ability to balance theory and pragmatism
- Demonstrable experience in the development of IT strategies and solutions
- Demonstrable experience of Architectural Governance Practices
- Working with service integrators and third parties
- Experience in complex manufacturing and/or engineering organisation
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Architecture Office Team:
Establishing the overall strategy for the function, and through the setting of guard rails, policies and standards, allowing the IM&T product groups to operate autonomously whilst ensuring that they all contribute to the wider strategic needs.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.