Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Build Line Support
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Senior Manufacturing Engineer
What you’ll be doing:
- To provide Build Line and Facility support across Astute Programme in DDH
- Manufacturing engineering disciplines across Astute Programme – include root cause analysis, PFMEA and other analytic tools
- Manufacturing and Construction Build Line solutions, providing method and strategy to implement Design Intent
- Working across mechanical and structural aspects of the product
- Implementing 'Learning from Experience' into follow on boats and other programmes
Your skills and experiences:
- Design and manufacturing background. A level of Submarine or general shipbuilding knowledge is desirable
- Experience in understanding technical engineering drawings and extracting critical manufacturing details, with follow on technical and manufacturing instructions
- Experience in GDT, Six Sigma, DMAIC, RCA
- IT proficiency (Outlook, technical instructions and systems, power point, excel)
- Systems of work experience (planning, routings, manufacturing bill of materials, manufacture build planning)
- Experience in a facility or factory production line, example tooling, manufacture and machining capability against design tolerances and intent
- Minimum of HNC in Engineering, including manufacturing and/or design or equivalent experience in trade, manufacturing or engineering design for manufacture
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Submarines team:
As a Senior Manufacturing Engineer on Astute, you will experience diverse challenges and provide solutions to a wide range of mechanical and structural assembly and construction. Working on a complex product in build and through into commissioning. Following Astute completion, there will be progression onto other ME teams working on follow on contracts, Dreadnought and SSNR. An opportunity and structured pathway through to S5 grade with personal development plans and support in achieving chartership status, with a professional institute.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.