Engineer - Product Safety %26 Environment
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Engineer - Product Safety & Environment
Location: Barrow-in-Furness, Frimley, Weymouth, Filton or Portsmouth, we offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Under supervision, undertaking Product Safety functional design analysis and/or provide specialist Safety advice of their scope of responsibility and provide evidence for acceptance and fitness for purpose of structure, systems and component and Whole Boat designs along with helping to confirm beyond reasonable doubt by review, surveillance and audit that those assumptions, underpinning engineering data, analysis methodologies, and interpretation of results have been validated in support of the Product Safety cases and activity
- Under supervision, producing Product Safety evidence of their scope of responsibility in support of qualification, legislative requirements and safety justifications and provide specialist support for associated activities along with contributing to identification and rapid closure of issues emerging from all product lifecycle stages and to manage the resulting change embodiment activities from a Product Safety perspective
- Liaising with both internal and external customers as required ensuring that their Product Safety requirements are adequately supported and that their needs are fully considered and incorporated where appropriate and agreed
- Under supervision, providing realistic programme status, identify problem areas and implement agreed recovery plans for Product Safety activity along with assisting with defining the Product Safety qualification obligations for the assurance hold points during build, test and commissioning.
- Under supervision, articulating and presenting proportionate Product Safety argument clearly, logically and simply
Your skills and experiences:
Demonstrable understanding in at least one or more of the following Product Safety techniques:
- Product Safety requirements identification and capture
- Product Safety hazard identification and analysis using internationally recognised techniques such as Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Functional Hazard Assessment (FHA), Functional Safety Analysis (FSA), Zonal Hazard Analysis (ZHA), Hazard and Operability Analysis (HAZOP), Accident Sequence Modelling (ASM), etal
- Delivery of Product Safety cases and management systems
- Review and appraisal of Product Safety cases, influencing others with constructive feedback
- Auditing Product Safety management systems, learning and sharing and influencing others with constructive feedback
- Looking to work towards professional chartership
- An engineer with a passion for 'things Product Safety'
- Ability to influence other stakeholders, internal and external to the role, to achieve Product Safety benefit
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Product Safety Engineering team:
You will provide the Engineering Delivery Manager (Safety & Environment) with technical advice relevant to Structural, Mechanical, Electrical and Control & Instrumentation engineering systems, equipment, procedures, and standards in support of the Whole Boat Safety Cases. The role will provide you with the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of safety management and safety case delivery and career development within the Engineering Function is fully supported by BAE. Full training will be provided within this role, and you will also be supported with continuous professional development, for example, Masters (MSc), Chartership (CEnv) and professional membership of relevant institutions as well as provision of internal and external training courses.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.