BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Air - Electromagnetics Engineer
Location: Warton. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role
Salary: £39,316 - £43,323
What you’ll be doing:
- Performing requirements, design and implementation, qualification and test tasks, within schedule and estimates
- Adherence to relevant engineering practices
- Reporting on progress and providing feedback to team members and leadership
- Production of appropriate technical documentation
- Working closely with suppliers and industry partners
- Working with customers to support delivered systems and resolve issues
Your skills and experiences:
- Minimum of HNC or recognised degree and/or apprenticeship in a STEM subject (Physics, Mathematics, Electronic/Electrical Engineering, System Engineering, Aerospace Engineering and/or Computational Modelling)
- Demonstrable and relevant experience within Electromagnetics Engineering
- Proven experience of using Microsoft Office tool such as Outlook, Word, Excel and/or PowerPoint
- An understanding of the overall systems engineering lifecycle
- Knowledge of and understanding of Design IT tools e.g. CAD systems
- Experience working within a large, complex, multi-project environment
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The Electromagnetics Engineering team:
Do you want to be part of a talented and dynamic Electromagnetics engineering team? Do you have a real passion for electromagnetics and would like to actively support the development and testing of the Electromagnetic aspects of our current and next generation airborne platforms? We currently have several vacancies for Electromagnetics Engineers at our Warton site.
As an Electromagnetics Engineer, you will be working within a specialist team where you will develop experience and expertise in applying Electromagnetic principles to the design of our airborne platforms. This role will provide you with the opportunity to interact with and learn from a wide range of technical experts across multiple disciplines and to develop a fulfilling career and personally rewarding experience across all aspects of the lifecycle within a supportive team environment.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation