HR Business Partner - Group Functions
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: HR Business Partner: Group Functions – 18 month FTC with the potential to go permanent
Location: Farnborough, however can be flexible on location for the right candidate: We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: £55,000 depending on experience
BAE is transforming and the Group Functional agenda is maturing and evolving at pace. The Group Functions HR team is at an exciting point on the journey of partnering Group Functions to unlock value and embed our operating model.
Our purpose is to partner Group Functions leaders to develop, implement and mature an Enterprise wide Functional People Strategy, Plan and Agenda, which adds value to the Enterprise and aligns with Business Sectors’ needs and commercial strategy.
What you’ll be doing:
- In this role you will report to a senior HR Business partner aligned to a client area of Corporate Group Functions, e.g. Finance, Communications, Business Development, Legal etc.
- The role offers a real balance between strategic projects and operational delivery
- Work closely with senior HR Business Partners for Group Functions to deliver the Functional talent agenda and drive real action to take plans forward across the BAE Enterprise
- Support the senior HR Business Partners for Group Functions on the delivery of the Functional Job Architecture for their assigned client area, using a deep understanding of the Function and stakeholder management skills to implement change
- Analyse Functional people data and feed into the Centres of Expertise (CoE’s), to benchmark and to implement short and long term solutions that improve performance, demonstrating value add
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for increased efficiency and synergy across the company through enterprise-wide knowledge sharing, as part of the CoE driven steering/working groups
- Drive engagement with critical business processes, with the support of by tools e.g. Success Factors, and positions, share communications developed by the CoEs, with the business to enable people activities
- Deliver high quality, accurate and efficient end to end support to internal customers
- Work across Function strategic leadership, management and other partners to deploy integrated Business-focussed solutions
Your skills and experiences:
- HR-related degree and/or postgraduate degree-level qualification / equivalent level of experience, knowledge, and skills demonstrable
- Proven HR Business Partner background
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience of working in a matrixed international environment (desirable)
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The HR Team:
We are looking for an up and coming rock star HR Business Partner on an 18 month fixed term contract with the potential to go permanent. You will support us with developing and delivering the People Plan for Functions. In this role, you will help drive operational excellence, through knowledge sharing and communication. We need to be able to deliver excellent support and partnership to our client area so need someone who is interested in continuously improving our way of working, engaging with the wider HR operating model to do so. This is an excellent opportunity to join an evolving team within a global business.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.