Commissioning Engineer - Mechanical
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Commissioning Engineer-Mechanical
What you’ll be doing:
- To carry out routine work with limited supervision & complex tasks under appropriate supervision in their related areas
- Liaise/Interface with relevant stakeholders to ensure activities are undertaken in a safe/compliant manner
- Responsible for research & compilation, review and feedback of appropriate documentation to the required standard
- Keep full & accurate records of work activities carried out as required by policy, procedure and legislation
- Adhere to Company policies & procedures and Company toolsets including IT
- Responsible for self-development and attending any mandatory training requirements
- To be able to access & comply with all Company SHE rules and control measures
Your skills and experiences:
- Knowledge of safety controls & procedures in a high risk operational environment
- Knowledge of Test & Commissioning processes
- Understanding of Gas, Fluid & Fire Fighting Systems
- Understanding of SMITE facility
- Understanding of Propulsion equipment and systems
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The Commissioning team:
You will be working with a multi-disciplined commissioning team along with various other stakeholders ensuring safety and quality standards are adhered to in line with Business set standards. You will also assist in the delivery of the Main Propulsion Machinery Package ensuring fully installed, commissioned and trialled in order to prove design intent.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation