Data Analytics Manager
BAE Systems UK
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Data Analytics Manager
Location: Scotstoun, Glasgow. We also offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
Salary:£55,000 dependent on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintaining a clear project scope for Data Analytics, developing an agile plan for delivery and ensuring business requirements are fulfilled
- Chairing Data Analytics Sponsors and Steering boards
- Managing requirements to be delivered out with Naval Ships and acting as a conduit to Sector and Group Data Analytics Delivery
- Maintaining team meetings and escalating issues through the correct channels
- Leading a team of professional staff, being responsible for managing their delivery, performance, providing appraisal and support to their development
- Liaising with other business functions & business units to share good practice in data analytics
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience leading a team of Business Intelligence or Data Analytics professionals
- Experience of Project Management
- Experience of Applied Data Governance
- Stakeholder Management experience
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Data Analytics team:
This is an exciting opportunity to come and join a successful growing team, gaining further exposure across the business working with cross functional teams and various stakeholders. You will be reporting to the Head of Data Analytics and will be responsible for the delivery of Analytics into all Naval Ships Functions and Programmes. The role will assume responsibility for defining the scope of the Data Analytics teams and you will work with functional/programme reps to prioritise and deliver against the agreed requirement, ensuring the processes and data governance policies are adhered to.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.