Lead PM%26C Professional - Lead Planner
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Lead Planning Professional
Location: Frimley, Weymouth, or Bristol, we offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary:Up to £58,000 depending on experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing and maintaining coherent, fully integrated, and workable programme structures, plans, and budgets
- Providing accurate programme schedule and cost data estimates in support of bids, annual budgets, or cost to completion, entering information into the planning/project controls toolsets, having checked for continuity, stability, and integrity
- Monitoring, updating, and generating reports on assigned projects or sub-projects using appropriate techniques, such as Earned Value. providing planning expertise to resolve issues so that the CAMs are provided with accurate data and information
- Develop and maintaining relationships with internal and external customers and stakeholders to meet their requirements
- Maintaining the documentation and configuration control of the data within the Project Programme and Project Control System
- Assisting the CAM’s and other Planners to ensure consistency of planning approach is applied, the planning infrastructure and hierarchy is maintained, and the integrity of the Integrated Programme Plan is adhered to
- Prioritising conflicting requirements for the Planning Team on nominated projects
Your skills and experiences:
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of PM&C policies, processes, procedures, and systems
- Knowledge of the Project Management Life Cycle
- Knowledge of agile work management through applications such as Atlassian Jira
- Knowledge of Primavera P6
- APM qualification or equivalent by experience
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Technical Strategy team:
The Technical Strategy Group within Integrated Combat Systems manage an exciting portfolio of internal and externally funded projects to bring sharper focus and coherence to the long-term planning of our technical future.Our over-riding objective is to increase the pace of new capability deployed to our submariners, helping them protect our national interests in the face of today's and tomorrow's threats.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.