Engineer - Support Engineering (Technical Publications IETP)
BAE Systems UK
Location: South Gloucestershire
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title:Support Engineer - Technical Publications
Location: Filton - preferred location (other locations may be considered)
What you’ll be doing:
- Identifying source document from document management systems
- Carrying out Impact Assessments against the engineering source data to create a Data Module Requirement Lists (DMRL)
- Create Technical Description and Operating Information Data Modules (DM) in xml (mark-up language) to an ASD S1000D 4.1 specification
- Authoring and managing DMs in the EAGLE Publishing System (EPS) Common Source Database (CSDB) using the EPS xml Editor software
- Producing graphic mark-ups for the production of illustrations to support DMs
- Quality checking DM outputs to ensure compliance with the project and industry specifications
- Liaising with Senior and Principal Engineers to resolve technical/formatting issues
Your skills and experiences:
- HNC/HND or equivalent experience within relevant engineering discipline
- Practical knowledge of engineering
- Possess excellent attention to detail
- Experience of handling documents and proficient in the discipline of configuration control
- Proficient in MS Office
- Previous experience in a technical documentation role
- Previous experience within a support engineering discipline
- Knowledge and understanding of an IETP/IETM
- Knowledge and understanding of ASD S1000D
- Knowledge and understanding of a Common Source Database (data vault)
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Support Engineer - Technical Publications team:
You will be part of a large support engineering team working on the next generation Ship Submersible Ballistic Nuclear (SSBN) submarine, Dreadnought. This role will provide you with a unique opportunity to learn and develop your knowledge across the whole boat, engaging with a broad range of key stakeholders working on the Dreadnought submarine project.
You will also be able to develop your Technical Documentation skills and knowledge as well as providing an exciting and stable career path. Your Technical Documentation outputs will play an important role in supporting the operation and maintenance of this latest submarine platform.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.