Engineer - Support Engineering (Technical Publications - IETP)
BAE Systems UK
Location: South Gloucestershire
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Technical Publications Engineer
Location: Filton, Barrow or Weymouth. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary:£35,870 per annum
What you’ll be doing:
- Quality checking delivery packages of documents supplied from internal departments and the supply chain, to ensure functionality of the Interactive Electronic Technical Publication (IETP) is maintained
- Sourcing documents from document management systems
- Liaising with delivery package owners to resolve any issues
- Managing data in a Common Source Database (CSDB)
- Building the IETP by following local instructions
- Publishing the IETP for the end users to access
- Configuration control
- Peer reviewing of other’s team members work
Your skills and experiences:
- HNC/HND or equivalent experience within relevant engineering discipline
- Practical knowledge of engineering
- Experience of handling documents and proficient in the discipline of configuration control
- Previous experience in a technical documentation role
- Knowledge and understanding of an IETP, ASD S1000D and of a Common Source Database (data vault)
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The ILS team:
You will be an integral part of the ILS team, who are actively engaged in the whole product support solution. In line with industrial best practices, this ranges from reliability, maintainability, maintenance planning, technical data/publications and training support, through to obsolescence and disposal.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.