IT Project Manager
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
IT Project Manager
Location: Preston. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £43,000 depending skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading activities in the provision for the business in relation to IT Project Management
- Overall responsibility to design, plan and deliver internal and external business and enterprise projects
- Ensuring projects are delivered to cost, timescales, quality and customer satisfaction
- Being seen as a PM lead on the delivery of small - medium complexity projects or work package within a larger project
- Shaping, mobilizing, planning and leading internal and external projects whilst adhering to internal BAE Systems delivery assurance processes and collaborating across EITS and within the Portfolio and Project Management Team (PPM)
Your skills and experiences:
- Trained at least to ITIL foundation and either appropriate ITIL Intermediate or other appropriate capability training
- Relevant vocational qualification or equivalent experience (e.g. HNC / Prince 2 Foundation / Computer Science Degree
- IT Project Management exposure
- Awareness of business unit policies and processes
- Experience of working in an IT Development Function
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The EITS team:
Within the project team, you will deliver business and enterprise IT Projects to cost, timescale, quality, and customer satisfaction, into the UK’s Leading Defence Companies.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.