- 70% of learning is completed on the job through our colleagues, cross working, and exposure to senior colleagues around the organisation and in government
- 20% is completed through activities like mentoring & coaching
- 10% is completed through formal training like eLearning and courses. We also have access to an online suite of training and development courses.
Our size and shape means that there are always opportunities to engage with leaders and colleagues across different parts of our business to round out your leadership and commercial experience.
If you’re stepping into leadership, then informal and formal mentoring will help you accelerate your skills. Our Career Conversations programme offers the opportunity to work with our most senior leaders, shape your development plan and identify next-step experiences that will build your potential.
Our work is varied and challenging. We’re a fast-moving team in an ever-changing environment, with colleagues working across many diverse areas to make a positive impact on the UK economy.
Nothing ever stands still at the Bank, so it’s important you have an open mind and want to be involved in helping to shape our future.
Bring your knowledge and experience to the team and we’ll support your career ambitions.
- Annual leave – 30 days annual leave plus the usual public and bank holidays
- Group Pension scheme – Defined contribution pension scheme. Employer contributions are 15% of your basic salary subject to you providing the minimum employee contribution of 3%. The employee pension scheme contribution, is provided on a salary sacrifice basis.
- Life assurance (4 x basic salary)
- Enhanced parental leave entitlements
- Performance related pay (bonus)
- Flexible working
- Health Cash Plan
- Long term illness protection
- Time off to volunteer
- ‘Business Updates’ from the CEO and Senior Management
- Regular company-wide conferences and Town Hall meetings
- Colleague Forum to give employees a voice and involvement in shaping our culture