Engineering Lead (Snaps Studio)
Location: Remote - Global
Job Type: Full time
We’re building for a future where the internet and world economy empowers people through interactions based on consent, privacy, and free association. Where both communities and individuals flourish. To accomplish that, we’re working hard to make web3 accessible for everyone.
MetaMask is both a crypto wallet and a gateway to the decentralized web. Our tools help people create communities, play video games, access financial services, make payments, invest in assets, protect against economic turmoil, and more. Our browser extension and mobile platforms meet the needs of millions of users and developers across the world.
Originally a humble key manager, today MetaMask serves over30 million monthly active users as adecentralized application development platform, anaggregator of decentralized cryptocurrency exchanges, and a decentralized identity manager.
About the Team
MetaMask Snaps is the next phase in MetaMask's evolution. Currently available viaMetaMask Flask, our developer preview build, it allows MetaMask, our partners, and the entire web3 community to add radical new functionality to MetaMask.
Install MetaMask Flask and check out live examples likeBitcoin,Filecoin, and apassword manager. We aim to make adding entirely new networks and use cases as easy as it is to write a Dapp today.Watch our tech talks atETHDenver andETHRio and get a feel for the excitement and possibilities of MetaMask Snaps.
About the Role
The next phase of the MetaMask browser extension will bring transformative new features to the web3 ecosystem, while strengthening the flagship features that empower our users today. Developing these new features within our secure wallet extension framework will be a paradigm shift for wallet users and developers alike.
We are looking for highly collaborative engineering leads to drive the development of these wallet extensions. In this role, you will ensure that MetaMask continues to support our mission of democratizing access to the decentralized web.
The MetaMask Snaps Studio team is responsible for developing in-house solutions to add new functionality to MetaMask using the Snaps API. It will be composed of subteams which develop Snaps in particular domains, owning the experience from ideation to execution and maintenance.
The Engineering Lead will be responsible for working with recruiting to source and interview members of the engineering team, establishing team engineering practices and culture, and coordinating with many stakeholders to ensure on-time delivery of quality software.
To apply for this position, you must have:
- 3+ years of experience in a people management and engineering leadership role on a team of 10+.
- Experience managing technical hiring and growth, assisting technical recruiters, and building solid onboarding processes.
- Experience in engineering leadership roles requiring close collaboration with design, QA and product.
- Experience with complex dependencies across multiple platforms, API version, and internal and externally-developed modules.
- Demonstrated interest or experience with blockchain related development and web3 technologies through any of: work experience, hackathons, open source work, personal projects, or similar experiences.
- Experience creating a Release/Delivery Management practice and associated metrics.
- Familiarity with agile processes (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience managing engineering projects for quality and time to market.
- Advocating for and supporting strategies for growing a diverse and inclusive engineering team.
- Helping establish systems for monitoring the health of our engineering team
- A passion for our mission and values
- Proactive and self-driven to be successful working in a remote environment
- Brings enthusiasm and the hustle to shipping high-quality code
- Are kind, empathetic, and supportive towards the team
- Timezone: Ideally between PT and ET, if in EU/UK you are able to have ~4 hours overlap with continental US time zones.
- Experience managing a remote-first global engineering team.
- Great understanding of the Ethereum blockchain and ecosystem.
- Previous hands-on experience with security and cryptography.
- Prior experience developing extensions, plugins, or mods of any sort.
Prior experience in open source software development.
- You’re a MetaMask user!
Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on.
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
Why join ConsenSys? Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys:
One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
Deep technical challenges. Blockchain technology is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. We are building the tools, infrastructure and applications l that are pushing the technology forward.
Continuous learning and improvements. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.