Senior RPA Software Engineer
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
About the Role:
Deliveroo is on a scale up journey to become the world's most definitive food company. In order to do that, we're building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives.
Enterprise Technology in support of this is working to become the trusted partner, providing a fantastic working environment for all employees.To do that we are undergoing a transformation, building out Enterprise level capabilities in Service Management, Automation and creating a world class Employee Workplace.
We are building out a brand new Enterprise Automation team to help our 4000 (and rapidly scaling) employees, wherever they are, across Deliveroo be successful by automating business processes and infrastructure. Examples could be making onboarding seamless to smoothening procurement. To realise our goals we’ll be focused on both conventional Software Engineering (Python) and Robotic Process Automation (RPA). This role is primarily RPA focused with a requirement to utilise Python and other automation where appropriate. The environment is mostly SaaS and cloud-based. You’ll be responsible for delivery of features and solutions within the team.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Delivering RPA solutions with clear, detailed and accurate supporting documentation
- Performing all technical aspects of UiPath RPA development
- Contributing to the establishment, improvement, and enforcement of RPA best practises
- Completing thorough testing of automation in training and production environments
- Gathering requirements and scope out projects with the rest of the team
- Improving code structure, architecture and reliability. Reviewing code of any size or scope produced by the team.
- Providing technical feedback that is constructive and actionable
- Collecting robust metrics, data, and monitoring information from your services, ensuring that if an issue arises, the team is alerted before our users notice.
- Have demonstrable experience of building UiPath RPA bots
- UiPath Advanced Developer Certification
- Experience in process mapping and design; producing functional and technical speciation documentation
- Solid experience of RPA architecture and infrastructure, supporting corporate business operations
- Experience of understanding good practises within process automation and operational excellence
- Recent experience as an automation software engineer working with both Python and UiPath to a high standard
- You have led a number of high-impact projects within a team, as well as demonstrating a proactive approach to systems scalability and technical sustainability
- A methodical and logical approach to problem solving with a clear sense of ownership. We practice “You build it, You run it”.
- A curious mind that explores all and every possibility for continuous improvement and the ability to think and act conceptually, analytically and hands-on based on hard and soft data
- Comfortable with Agile practices across the full SDLC
- Pride in readable, well-designed, well-tested software
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.