Technical Supplier Manager (Remote, UK)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Technical Supplier Manager - Enterprise Technology (Remote, UK)
About the Role:
The Deliveroo Enterprise Technology team conceives, designs, builds and sustains the business services powering Deliveroo’s internal teams globally, as we transform the way customers eat. We continually drive service improvements and love to automate everything we can on our journey towards customer delight.
Deliveroo Service Management & Controlsaspires to create a collaborative working partnership between Enterprise Technology, enabling functions, our supplier base and our user base. The success of this partnership is continually reviewed against a number of different metrics across SLAs, KPIs and perception.
Enterprise Technology is at the beginning of an extremely exciting journey in Deliveroo, with that comes a lot of challenges including selecting a global strategic supplier base to enable long term success across our services. As a Technical Supplier Manager at Deliveroo you will be responsible for embedding and maintaining a structured approach to performance managing our technical suppliers.
This role is key to ensuring technical supplier performance by creating standards, a framework, supplier management tooling, providing consultancy and leading the way to effective technical supplier management across Deliveroo Enterprise Technology in alignment with central procurement policies.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Support strategic planning of the Enterprise Technology function with a focus on what suppliers we require globally to set us up for success
- Be the operational lead in partnership with our central procurement function to carry out a structured selection process for strategic technical suppliers globally
- Support the Procurement led Global RFP process by understanding and articulating the Enterprise Technology vision & requirements. Create supplier evaluation criteria and engage required teams when appropriate.
- Work in partnership with the Deliveroo central procurement and the wider ET team to manage suppliers and escalate appropriately.
- Define, establish and take ownership of the technical supplier performance management framework across Enterprise Technology in alignment with central procurement policies
- Develop an approach to tiering our transactional and strategic suppliers, this tiering should determine the level of effort we invest in to nurturing partnerships
- Provide the Enterprise Technology team with the resources they need to performance manage suppliers effectively
- Provide advice, guidance and support on technical supplier performance management to our teams in alignment with central procurement policies where applicable
- Lead proactive supplier performance health checks and ensure ownership of improvement opportunities
- Specialist in technical supplier performance management
- Experience in contributing to a supplier selection and evaluation process
- Experience in managing a global technical supplier base
- Excellent communication skills in English (spoken and written)
- Effective communication with all levels of staff from junior to senior management
- Effective internal & external stakeholder management skills
- Broad understanding of business technologies and business considerations
We’re also interested in…
- Experience of influence and partnership, both with and without direct authority over people
- Exposure to Agile, DevOps, SDLC, and SRE ways of working
- ITIL 4 or v3 Certified