Investor Relations, Senior Manager
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Investor Relations, Senior Manager
About the Department
As a member of this high-profile team, you will contribute significantly to the understanding of Deliveroo’s equity story by the investor and analyst community. Reporting to the VP Investor Relations, this is a unique and diverse role for someone looking to build on their existing investor relations and capital markets experience. You will be someone who enjoys the fast pace and challenge of working for a large international business and will be delivery-focussed.
How you will make an impact in the role:
Engage with the investment community
- Become a trusted point of contact for investors and equity analysts.
- Respond quickly and accurately to requests for information from the buy-side and sell-side, taking into account potential disclosure issues in consultation with the Head of IR.
- Attend investor meetings, capturing all points discussed and recording them into the CRM systems. Ensure follow ups are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Work with the VP IR and our broker/advisory team on investor targeting.
Provide analysis and insights
- Lead collection of analyst consensus, review models from equity analysts and provide feedback based on publicly available information, and ensure published consensus is accurate and up-to-date.
- Oversee “end of day wraps” for the CEO/CFO/Board after significant announcements, share price movements, or publication of analyst research.
- Analyse competitor results and draw out relevant themes and learnings for the Executive Team and Board, working with colleagues in Corporate Finance, Strategy, and other teams as relevant.
Produce impactful corporate materials
- Contribute to development of Deliveroo’s equity story, including purpose, strategy, financial performance and ESG commitments & reporting; ensure this messaging is consistently applied through all corporate materials, including the corporate website.
- Play a key role in drafting materials for results and trading updates (press releases, presentations, scripts, and Q&A), working with internal stakeholders and external advisors to refine and develop the messaging and narrative.
- Lead and project manage the production of the Annual Report and Interim Report, working closely with all internal stakeholders and external advisors.
Contribute to broader team success
- Monitor the development of IR best practice and tools, and drive their implementation where appropriate.
- Build relationships throughout Deliveroo, collaborating across functions and sharing relevant IR insights with the broader finance and business communities.
What you will bring to the role:
You will have worked in a global, complex, fast-paced environment, be able to understand the key financial drivers of a business, and will have had exposure to a broad range of business challenges. You will have:
- Relevant professional experience, with an interest in technology and innovation
- Experience working in investor relations (preferably in a UK listed company) and/or within capital markets/corporate finance; good understanding of current issues, including ESG
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills, with strong foundations in finance and accounting – CFA or ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualification preferred
- A talent for written communication, the ability to create impactful data visualisations, and keen attention to detail
- Great interpersonal skills with self-confidence to communicate effectively with investors, analysts and the senior management team in the company
- Good project management capabilities, with ability to prioritise workload whilst managing business and finance stakeholder expectations in a fast-paced environment
- A commitment to continuous professional education and development of IR best practice
- Flexibility to travel for meetings within the UK and overseas.
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.