Warehouse Supervisor, Hoxton
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Location: [insert location]
Pay: £13.10ph , paid in weekly arrears, overtime available
Hours: Full time (30 hours)
About Deliveroo Hop
We are on a mission to be the definitive food company and we launched Deliveroo Hop September 2021 as Deliveroo’s speedy grocery delivery service. Whether it is your weekly shop or the forgotten milk, Deliveroo Hop will come to your rescue delivering your essentials in as little as 20 minutes. Now, you don’t need to worry about that morning coffee you most desperately need, Hop has you covered.
We have partnered with leading supermarkets such as Morrisons so you can get the freshest, tastiest food and all of your must-haves right to your front door.
If you don’t have the exact experience to join us in our dark stores, that’s okay, we’re looking for motivated, driven people to become part of Roo and who are eager to make a difference. Deliveroo is committed to training our staff and helping you build your career from day one
Read on for more details about the Warehouse Supervisor and apply now.
About the role
Our Warehouse Supervisors are the beating heart of our day to day site operations. You will work closely with your management team to maximise customer satisfaction and ensure the smooth running of our Hop sites. You will support in ensuring that all of our loyal customers will receive their household essentials as quickly as possible.
- Oversee that all orders are picked to meet time targets
- Explore ways that we can improve site operations
- Lead the team when the manager is and isn’t present
- Communicate with our riders to ensure our customers receive our deliveries promptly
- Run the dispatch area and and support with packing delivery orders to send to our customers
- Ensure all deliveries are scanned and appropriate claims are logged
- Unload deliveries according to procedure, taking time to ensure accuracy of product locations and date rotation
- Ensure stock counts are accurate and all areas counted
- Partner with our Warehouse Assistant Manager and Warehouse Manager to ensure the site runs smoothly
- Ensure the warehouse remains clean and tidy at all times and that any hazards are dealt with urgently
- Complete H&S checks and ensure that the warehouse and employees are diligently following company procedures throughout their shift
Who we are looking for
- You radiate positivity!
- You lead by example and enjoy motivating others
- You thrive working with people and enjoy coaching junior members of staff
- You can work autonomously and in a fun team environment
- You enjoy solving problems, you like to find new ways to improve operations
- Previous experience in a similar environment is valued but not required (FMCG/Retail/Warehouse/Last mile delivery is a big plus)
- Experience hitting goal targets (e.g. pick times)
What to expect from the interview process
- Step 1: apply for any role you'd like to be considered for - we'd love to hear from you!
- Step 2: we'll send you out an online assessment which needs to be completed before we progress you further. (All instructions will be sent to your email address so please ensure you check your junk folder too!)
- Step 3: if you are successful with the assessment, one of our recruitment team will be in touch to say hello and understand more about your experience
- Step 4: if we decide to progress your application, you will be invited to an interview with one of our Hop hiring managers
- Step 5: We'll come back to you quickly after your interview to let you know the outcome!
What you get:
- Weekly payroll
- 25 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Deliveroo Plus subscription which gives you access to exclusive offers and free delivery on selected orders.
- Access to discounts in other companies via our benefits portal
- Employee assistance programme
- Company paid team meals and nights out
- Online learning courses delivered by global universities
- Clear career development path
- Subsidised health insurance & dental insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Lots of growth opportunities and on site training. This position can transition into a Warehouse Assistant Managers and Warehouse Manager!
- Wide range of additional benefits including discounted gym subscription, wellbeing and pension contributions
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer multiple great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an exciting space.