Senior Operations Analyst
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The U.K. & Ireland are our domestic and most mature markets. Functions include commercial, operations and marketing, and teams in the UK&I partner with global functions such as product, technology and consumer.
The Planning & Performance team sits within Rider Operations and is responsible for the availability, reliability and efficiency of the delivery network across the UK and Ireland. This considers demand management, profitability, logistics, rider fees and incentives, and is key to our customer proposition.
Deliveroo's on-demand operations are complex, with many moving parts and stakeholders. You'll unpick these moving parts to provide important insight for the wider Operations team. We ask that you have a huge sense of inquisition to give into data and surface opportunities for operational excellence.
You'll work closely with a team of Regional Operations Managers (within the UKI Planning and Performance team), analysing complex data to provide vital insight in order to try and achieve an optimal balance between consumer outcomes, profitability and restaurant selection.
What you'll be doing
- End-to-end problem solving; look for opportunities by investigating abnormal trends and patterns in complex datasets, diagnosing a cause, and implementing a fix.
- Close collaboration with Regional Operations Managers to collaboratively achieve regional goals by looking for continuous improvement of our key metrics and solving crucial operational challenges.
- Analyse profitability data, to drive cost reductions to improve regional profitability
- Work with other departments within Deliveroo (including Commercial, Strategy, Marketing, Finance) to provide valuable performance insight and promote change throughout the UK and Ireland
- Weekly/monthly reporting of KPIs
We have an experienced team in place and are therefore receptive to trading off prior experience to develop a candidate.
- A high standard of university level education or equivalent experience
- Highly proficient at data analysis (including large, complex and unstructured data), and especially able to draw clear, applicable conclusions from large datasets
- Comfortable working in ambiguity and independently, as well as part of a team
- Organisation - comfortable working on multiple projects concurrently
- A passion for learning, continuous improvement, and new ideas
- Intermediate level SQL
- 1+ years of experience in a relevant role such as Consulting, Retail, Logistics or in a high-growth business
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.