Director, Deliveroo Plus (12 month Fixed Term Contract)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Contract/temp
Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
And we're just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is online. Contrast that with the digital change of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We're a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so join us for the ride.
Deliveroo Plus is our monthly subscription programme live in 9 of our markets and an important strategic pillar to our business. Plus creates value for consumers and increases the frequency with which they transact, increasing their CLV and driving loyalty to our platform.
The Global Director of Plus will create a compelling consumer proposition and implementing it globally. The Plus Director will report directly into the VP of Consumer & Pricing to set the strategic vision for Plus for the next year and develop an action plan to address both behavioural and emotional loyalty. You will identify all levers to help improve and scale the Plus programme (inside and outside of marketing), and form/lead the relevant teams to quick execution. The role will be based partly from our London office and partly remote (hybrid working).
On a daily basis you will:
Manage the daily running of Plus globally:
- Oversee the performance of the Plus programme and lead improvements in understanding our customers and assessing opportunities at a local/hyper-local level
- Manage the Plus P&L and budget, ensuring we meet pre-agreed order volume and contribution profit targets
- Working with GM's in the markets as their primary contact to ensure Plus is delivering for their market's commercial and strategic goals
- Lead the recommendation and execution on pulling the available levers to ensure our programme is compelling and delivering maximum value
- Lead a team of 4 direct reports, manage stakeholders across the organisation including exec team.
Define the strategy for the Plus programme:
- Lead the definition of the Plus vision, to sit alongside our broader loyalty vision
- Establish annual and quarterly OK R's that ladder up to business goals
Drive customer and business value through launching new initiatives and optimising existing features:
- Lead a team to enhance the Plus value proposition, improve pricing and life-cycle, scale our global partnerships strategy and create new ways to acquire and retain subscribers.
- Business case new opportunities, working with user research, finance and product.
- Work with the product team to test new features to improve the profitability and enhance the appeal of the programme
- 10+ years work experience, including relevant loyalty marketing experience in high-growth consumer-facing environments
- Experience working in matrixed environments and management
- Excellent project management
- Stakeholder management skills
- Prior experience working with product/design/insights teams.
- Knowledge of marketplace businesses/ experience working within a startup
- Experience managing/working with multi-country teams
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer many great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an exciting space.