Paralegal (French Speaking)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Role / Introduction
We are looking for a paralegal to support the legal team in France and occasionally, other international markets. The successful candidate will be based in London within our French business team.
Objectives of the Role
We expect the successful candidate to work closely with the Head of International and the Legal Director - Commercial for France and the wider French team on a wide scope of legal work such as commercial, employment, IP, data protection, corporate, litigation and regulatory matters. They will also have opportunities to interact with the broader legal team on global and cross-border projects.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
Responsibilities of the role include the following:
- Provide legal support and advice for the French team across all practice areas but with a particular focus on commercial matters.
- Responding to requests for information and documents of authorities.
- Partner with the customer services and compliance team and coordinate any action.
- Identification of new regulations ("veille").
- Assist with billing.
- Assist in the implementation of new regulatory obligations, notably in the food tech sector.
- Collect vigilance certificates for vendors.
- Drafting a range of legal documents, policies and correspondence.
- Legal research.
- Preparing and maintaining tracker documents for monitoring progress of matters.
- Assisting with document review exercises.
- Implementing and maintaining online filing and document management systems.
- Assisting with management of external service providers (e.g. law firms, corporate service providers, translators).
Candidates should have excellent academics and some experience as a paralegal at a private practice law firm or in-house. Fluency in both English and French is required.
We are also looking for candidates with the following characteristics:
- Enthusiastic and eager to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly organised.
- Willing and keen to learn/experience different areas of law.
- Engaged to succeed as a team and do not hesitate to get to the bottom of things
- Willing to deliver at the best in class standard level
- Good, positive, can-do attitude.
- A team player.
Who we are
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are a large and experienced team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.