Deputy Head of Regulatory Compliance
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
About the role
We are looking for a Deputy Head of Regulatory Compliance to join our London-based team. You will work closely with the Head of Regulatory Compliance to manage the Regulatory Compliance sub-team, help implement all aspects of Deliveroo's global regulatory compliance strategy, drive key compliance workstreams, support the business on new initiatives and investigate & remediate issues of concern.
Being right at the heart of the efforts to help Deliveroo continuously improve our response to key compliance risks, we are looking for someone who has experience with compliance and controls. In particular, someone who likes to solve difficult problems, is willing to explore creative ways to engage stakeholders, who wants to help build a strong, creative compliance programme - all whilst acting with a strong sense of purpose.
What you'll be doing
This is a Global role, operating from HQ, which would touch upon a wide-range of risk areas including anti-bribery, conflicts of interest, modern slavery, anti-money laundering, anti-facilitation of tax evasion, sanctions and food safety. You will work closely with the Head of Regulatory Compliance and other members of the sub-team and to:
- Lead, manage and assist on key compliance matters, including:
- Help create, maintain and strengthen our suite of compliance policies & procedures.
- Develop effective and risk-targeted compliance training.
- Take a lead role in preparing creative communications to engage and educate the business on key compliance risks.
- Undertake risk assessments, draft and drive forwards any plan to remediate identified weaknesses.
- Get involved in incident management and response, including root cause analysis and remediation.
- Conduct and oversee 'Speak Up' investigations.
- Conduct and oversee due diligence on third parties and advise the business on how to manage any associated risks.
- Work with the Head of Regulatory Compliance to manage and be a leader within the Regulatory Compliance sub-team, including training and supervising more junior lawyers and paralegals.
- Work with the Head of Regulatory Compliance in formulating and continuously developing Deliveroo's global regulatory compliance strategy.
- Directly advise key stakeholders in the business, including the Deliveroo Executive team.
- Coordinate with other key control areas to provide compliance and governance support, such as the Risk, Control & Compliance, Fraud, Information Security, Privacy, Data Protection and Internal Audit teams.
You'll need to have:
- Experienced at working in (or with) fast-paced organisations.
- 8+ years experience in compliance, including strong demonstrated experience in managing and running key compliance projects.
- Excellent team management experience and experience of advising executive teams and key stakeholders (and the board of directors within a business a plus).
- Curiosity and hunger for learning and happy to "roll sleeves up" and turn your hand to anything.
- Ability to thrive in high impact / high profile scenarios is essential
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, as they want it, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.