SMB Operations Manager
Location: Greater Manchester
Job Type: Full time
The Small Medium Business (SMB) teams are responsible for Deliveroo's relationships with thousands of independent restaurant and retail partners that operate on the Deliveroo marketplace in a number of markets across Europe, ensuring that they continue to grow and operate efficiently. The SMB team spans the full life-cycle of partner interactions from initial acquisition, on-boarding, reactive support and proactive account management. We do this through our in-house contact centre based in Manchester and in collaboration with our third-party contact centre providers.
As an Operations Support Manager, you will work closely with the function leads to ensure the operation is both efficient and high performing. You will own the communication strategy for the hub across Europe, ensuring the right information is shared with our people to drive best in class personnel and ensure our partners are being given accurate information at all times. You will be responsible for the local GTM plans ensuring our workforce are clearly communicated to as well as feeding in to key stakeholders to recommend further improvements. You will work closely with the management team to identify skill gaps and implement detailed action plans to improve the knowledge on the ground. Based in Manchester and reporting to the Hub Operations Manager, this is an ideal role for an individual who has prior experience in a role that works with large workforces and has a background in communication and project management.
What you'll be doing
- Supporting the day-to-day Contact Centre operations ensures the teams are set up for success in order to deliver our monthly, quarterly and annual commercial objectives via timely communication through a variety of methods such as visual presentations, weekly communication packs, ad hoc announcements and monthly All Hands meetings.
- Create and own communication strategy, ensuring comprehensive supporting plans are created to achieve both engagement and quality throughout the operational workforce
- Build and maintain a skill gap framework which allows operational leaders to assess and feed in to areas of improvement, ensuring clear plans are created and fed into our central L&D team to drive better outcomes for our partners
- Build and maintain strong relationships/be the key point of contact for our product and marketing teams to ensure local GTM plans are planned and created, ensuring the Contact Centres are promoting new products and services accurately and efficiently
- Create and own local incentive programs, ensuring creative incentive plans are launched to drive incremental performance across the required metrics within the Contact Centre
- Own test and learn programs that are focused on driving best practice across a large workforce, ensuring clear project plans are created and detailed reports are written sharing results and next best action plans
The required skills include:
- Strong project management skills; with the ability to document plans that drive accountability
- Strong attention to detail, setting and maintaining high standards
- Excellent communication skills; with the ability to present in a clear and concise manner that enables key stakeholders to understand the relevant actions that are required
- Exceptional stakeholder management, with resilience & maturity to face challenges from senior members of the business & deliver a positive outcome
- Good problem solving skills with the ability to work independently
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.