EU Commercial Training Manager
Location: Greater Manchester
Job Type: Full time
Please note we are looking for Italian speakers for this role and it is based in our Manchester offices.
As a Training Manager within our newly formed Commercial Learning & Development, Incentives team, you will be responsible for the delivery of training and onboarding in English and Italian for our International. The Training will cover Sales, Account Management and Customer Success skills for front line agents and will be based in our Manchester or London office.
The scope of the training will include Product Knowledge, Customer Buying Cycle, Market and Proposition, Sales Process and Sales Tech stack. You will report to the Commercial Learning & Development, Incentives Manager to ensure our teams have the tools and skills they need to excel in the marketplace and help Deliveroo in its vision to be the definitive food company.
What you'll be doing:
You will be building the onboarding journey and delivering training materials to optimise the performance of our front line agents in our Sales, Account Management and Customer Success teams to drive commercial outcomes, increase Customer Satisfaction and shorten the onboarding "time to ramp" (Time it takes a new starter to reach full productivity) and ensure that existing team members continue their learning journeys to improve their performance.
- Partner with Directors and Managers to identify the most critical training needs in order to provide effective education and development programs within the Program Area. Work in alignment with Customer and Training teams to ensure programs are consistent with Deliveroo's vision, mission, values and goals.
- Partner with peers to share best practices and program content to effectively re-build our programs and create a cutting-edge education and development department. Works collaboratively with other members of the Commercial L&D, incentives team to share ideas and ensure highest quality training is delivered.
- Create systems for assessing needs of the target audience and a system for measuring each program's effectiveness. Adjust training as needed based on feedback. Uses data, call recording and stakeholder feedback to determine priorities.
- Deliver training modules to front line staff and spend time listening to live calls and call recording to provide one on one coaching based and feedback to the central team to define role requirements and competency frameworks.
- Work with your team and several department to optimise our next generation Commercial Competency Framework to evaluate employees performance as well as building our Leveling Expectations Framework..
- Develop, organise, and coordinate resources to implement integrated on-going training programs, materials, and manuals for all target audiences within CoE's.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Strong presentation, communication and collaboration skills to deliver effective training programs and work with our front line agents.
- Fluent in English/Italian
- Outstanding organisational, analytical and multi-tasking skills to assess training needs.
- Strong management and interpersonal skills to work effectively with Directors and Managers to develop and implement training for a Program Area.
- Ability to create content using Google Slides and other online L&D tools (you will be coached by the Commercial L&D, Incentivesmanager to build training modules on our Roo Commercial Academy).
- Knowledge of a Sales Process (SPIN, Challenger, Miller Heiman, Sandler, Corporate Visions, Value Selling, Richardson etc) desirable but not essential.
- Significant successful operations experience in sales, account management , customer success, marketing, and/or sales/revenue operations.
- Effective experience in sales training delivery or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understanding of Salesforce and High Velocity Sales or similar.
- Has an understanding of a GTM function and the levers that drive its success.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.