IT Service Manager Lead- Onboarding
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
IT Service Manager Lead - Onboarding
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.
The Deliveroo Enterprise Technology team conceives, designs, builds and sustains the IT services powering Deliveroo’s internal teams globally, as we transform the way customers eat. We continually drive service improvements and love to automate everything we can on our journey towards excellence.
As the Service Manager - Onboarding (or Joiners, Movers, Leavers (JML) Service Lead) at Deliveroo you will be responsible for supporting employees throughout the employee journey smoothly so they can do what they do best - build the definitive food company.
Our relentless drive to improve means this role will not just be managing ‘as is’, you will drive service excellence through improving the JML processes. You will report directly to the Head of Service Management & Delivery.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Be the “Go To” for Enterprise Technology JML and own the activity in collaboration with partner teams including Workplace Technology, People Systems and our ServiceNow team.
- Make the ET elements of JML a pleasure for our employees and stakeholders.
- Leading a high performing JML team
- Build, maintain and publicise the JML service roadmap, ensuring stakeholder feedback is considered and expectations are managed.
- Ensuring new joiner requests are processed on time and hardware is ordered in a timely manner.
- Ensuring leaver requests are processed on time and hardware is collected in a timely manner.
- Identifying and remediating process gaps and pain points resulting in poor customer experience.
- Where failures occur, working with colleagues and stakeholders to identify the root cause of the failure and implement remediation actions to remove the possibility of future failures.
- Ownership of the operational relationship with our primary hardware supplier(s)
- Owning collaboration with hardware supplier(s) and business leads to ensure appropriate stock levels are maintained at all times.
- Making individual onboarding and offboarding status visible to hiring managers and stakeholders. Learn from stakeholders how to continually improve their experience.
- Developing methods to obtain feedback about the JML process after a period of time has passed to take customer feedback and develop improvement activities based on the feedback.
- Defining and agreeing JML Service Expectations & Service Levels
- Creating and publishing performance dashboard(s) to share key measures that demonstrate progress and performance of the JML Service.
- Producing high quality accurate forecasts for device demand, and dashboards to track actual device drawdown vs forecast, actual spend vs forecast etc
- Collaborating closely with wider tech and business onboarding colleagues to further develop the onboarding experience for colleagues globally
- Partnering with asset management and finance to ensure device availability and funding.
- Experience in Supplier Management and Service Level Management
- Experience of contributing to the management of hardware assets
- Experience as a people lead/ manager
- Experience of building strategic roadmaps and managing stakeholder expectations
- Excellent data skills, including Spreadsheets and Google/Looker Data Studio
- Experience of identifying automation opportunities and creating repeatable processes to reduce manual toil.
- Financially aware with experience working with finance teams to forecast spend.
- Experience raising and managing purchase orders
- Highly organised
- Articulate and confident communicator at all levels
- Detail oriented, able to spot errors in data quickly.
- Passionate about customer service and experience, relentless in removing friction for users.
- IT Service Management or technical project management knowledge/skills
We’re also interested in…
- Hands-on, “roll up your sleeves” mindset, with a strong personality and ability to be a driver and change agent in an organisation
- Lean/systems thinking approach to problem solving
- Role Based Access Control/IAM knowledge
- Exposure to any of the following technologies
- ServiceNow / Workday / Looker / Greenhouse / Data Studio
- Enterprise End User Computing including Jamf/InTune
- Google Workspace (G Suite) / Atlassian tools / Git
- Relevant higher education and professional certifications
- Experience automating repeatable processes to reduce manual toil.
What you’ll get
- Working with and implementing modern technology
- Excellent benefits package
- Monthly lunch allowance on the 2nd Friday of each month
- Free Deliveroo plus, with benefits such as free delivery on all orders
- Twice yearly performance review to ensure your career is on the right track and enable progression opportunities. Yearly pay reviews to ensure you’re compensated accordingly.
- Company bonus scheme
- Flexible cost benefits such as healthcare, cycle to work