Senior National Account Manager - Retail/Non-food
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The U.K. & Ireland are our domestic and most mature markets. Functions include commercial, operations and marketing, and teams in the UK&I partner closely with global functions such as product, technology and consumer to deliver results for our customers.
We are looking for a (Senior) National Account Manager to join our UKI Grocery Team. This is a great opportunity to become a critical member in one of the fastest growing divisions at Deliveroo.
In this role you will both acquire and manage relationships with a small number of our top National and SMB Retail/Non-food partners. You will be responsible for lead generation, pitching and closing new business and will be the day-to-day contact between partners and Deliveroo, communicating their needs to internal teams. You will be helping new partners to launch and succeed on the platform and grow existing business on the Deliveroo platform, developing the ‘best in class’ value proposition for our customers within an new and exciting area of our business.
What you’ll be doing
- Prospect, pitch, close and onboard new Retail/Non-food partners, becoming the expert in this space as we scale
- Maintaining and growing new and existing relationships of a number of our key national and SMB Retail accounts within the Retail/Non Food portfolio
- Driving partner performance by owning your portfolio’s business growth through proactive reporting, weekly/monthly/quarterly meetings and reviews, analysis, improvement projects, and identifying growth opportunities. You will work with both internal and external stakeholders to drive change and devise solutions to ensure issues are addressed and your accounts continue to grow.
- Managing marketing and promotional planning for our Retail/Non Food partners as they scale on the platform.
- Ensuring that we are developing an attractive value proposition for customers, including selection, promotions, pricing and service levels.
- Working closely with compliance, legal and operations to ensure best practices
- Owning the execution of site roll-outs as we scale the proposition, mapping our gaps in coverage for partner expansion
- Representing Deliveroo across your partner’s organisation, and ensuring that our internal stakeholders are supporting where appropriate.
- Experience in an account management, business development/new business or commercial role.
- Experience in working within the Retail and/or Pharmacy industry is preferable
- Be comfortable with targeting new business with relevant sales experience.
- Experienced negotiator within the ability to drive mutual value for both partners and Deliveroo
- Partner obsessed, with effective relationship building, organisation and communication skills whether face to face, or through video, phone or email.
- Confident working with and analysing data - able to cut through the noise to understand what performance improvements will help grow your Retail partners, in order to make clear and actionable recommendations.
- Able to create ideas and strategies to drive growth of our joint business with our partners, with a willingness to trial at pace.
- Collaborative team player who is able to get the best out of the people around you. Able to work effectively with all levels of Deliveroo.
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, as they want it.We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and we are always looking for new ideas.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer many benefits in areas including family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a experience with (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an exciting space.