Partner Growth Manager
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As a Partner Growth Manager, you will become a centre of expertise on how partners can drive profitable growth on Deliveroo. Covering key growth topics such as Menu Design, Food Pricing & Promotions and Optimising Kitchen Operations, you will be a “go-to-person” for Commercial and Product teams looking to understand what best practice is and why. You will build and maintain Deliveroo’s knowledge base in these critical areas for restaurant success, working with external subject matter experts and local teams as required to collate existing knowledge and to uncover new knowledge through test & learn experiments. More importantly, you will be responsible for ensuring that our partners and commercial teams can access this knowledge such that you can scale your impact so that more partners can improve the quality of their execution on the Deliveroo marketplace.
You will have ideally gained 4-5 years experience in professional services (strategy consulting / banking) or at a blue-chip corporate in a strategic role.
Reporting to the DIrector, Restaurant Value Proposition, you will be part of a wider team of subject matter experts that are responsible for defining where and how we deliver a market-leading, differentiated proposition to different segments of restaurant partners based on a deep understanding of their needs
Key Partner Growth Levers in scope:
- Menu Centre of Excellence
- Hero Image Design
- Menu design best-practice
- Use of Timed Menus
- Menu quality measurement
- Food Pricing & Promotion Centre of Excellence
- Menu price architecture & Mark-Ups
- Promo offer architecture and optimisation
- Partner “value for money” incentives
- Restaurant Operations Centre of Expertise
- Recommended SOPs for in-store operations
- Future kitchen technologies to reduce partner errors
- Future packaging technologies
What you’ll be responsible for
- Building an extensive knowledge base of best practices in each Partner Growth Lever
- Collate existing best practice examples from local market teams
- Establish a network of external subject matter experts that can enrich our thinking
- Collaborate with local market teams to run test & learn initiatives that help to further our understanding of best practices
- Identifying opportunities to raise the quality of execution across each Partner Growth Lever
- Define how we measure the quality of partners’ execution
- Assess where the largest opportunities are to improve partner execution
- Understand key partner barriers to improved execution
- Recommend solutions as to how we overcome the barriers to execution
- Building partner and commercial team understanding of best practices across each Partner Growth Lever
- Ensure all partner-facing materials through all partner communication channels reflect our latest expertises and are presented in compelling sales pitches (working in collaboration with the B2B Content team)
- Ensure Commercial Teams can access our latest thinking on each Partner Growth Lever through ShowPad
- Run internal upskilling sessions for Commercial teams to build more common knowledge across frontline teams
- Selectively join partner meetings as a subject matter expert (where there is suitable value in the engagement)
- Supporting Product and Consumer organisations on projects that impact relevant Partner Growth levers
- Provide subject matter expertise when defining requirements for product features / services that will impact Partner Growth (e.g. Fleet Switching / Menu 2.0 / Ads & Offers design)
- Support UAT as appropriate
- Contribute to GTM launches, particularly in providing specialist input to support the GTM Content team to prepare partner and commercial-facing launch materials
- Problem solving:The candidate should have a proven track record of problem-solving and critical thinking skills, ideally gained within a professional services firm (consulting / banking) or strategy role in a corporate, and have a complete ‘consulting’ skill set. The candidate should have the ability to identify opportunities and issues in complex, ambiguous situations and translate through to clear recommendations and choices that resolves trade-offs between competing business and financial priorities and presents a compelling business case for action.
- Communication & Influence: The candidate should have a track record of communicating clearly and effectively with different stakeholder types (technical, commercial, etc) with the required numeracy to communicate with technical teams and commercial acumen to engage other business stakeholders. The candidate should have a track record of bBuildings trust and influence through structured, data-driven communication and make even the most complex information clear. Should cCollaborates effectively across a wide range of teams and stakeholder groups. Should dDemonstrates a confident presentation style and communicates effectively upwards and downwards.
- Thought-leadership: utilises data, insight from across markets and external best-practice to shape a clear vision for the future as to how we can create an efficient, executionally-impactful and engaged commercial organisation. Is able to translate this vision into a structured roadmap of initiatives that can be delivered by their team.
- Team Development:: A team player who readily collaborates cross-functionally and can resolve areas of misalignment or conflict between teams. Provides regular, constructive feedback to teammates to support team growth and talent retention. Effectively manages difficult interpersonal situations within the team.
- Community-Building: Actively participates in activities that strengthen Deliveroo (e.g. onboarding, training, mentoring, diversity and inclusion). Encourages team participation. Plays a growing role in attracting and hiring talent.
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.