AV & Events Manager
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
AV & Events Manager
About the Role:
The Manager, Audio-Visual Systems & Services is an essential member of the Enterprise Technology Engineering & Operations team, responsible for overseeing and leading the overall coordination and delivery of audio-visual production and technology services for high-profile internal and external meetings and events globally. You will play a crucial role in ensuring outstanding day-to-day delivery across physical and virtual meeting spaces, event management, and corporate media production spaces in multiple regions.
You’ll bring top-notch people leadership skills, prior experience managing this critical business space, and will have a passion for technology and developing talent within your team. The Manager is also responsible for validating the health of Deliveroo's AV infrastructure on a rolling basis, and ensuring that opportunities for improvement are quickly identified and actioned.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Serve as the Enterprise Tech SME in all matters pertaining to technical hardware and software support for audiovisual presentations. Provide technical advice regarding capabilities and limitations of the hardware and equip
- Work with the Director of Engineering & Operations to develop and implement the business plan and long-term strategies for event technology innovation.
- Manage the daily operation and internal/external partner relationships, ensuring an environment of collaboration, responsiveness, and effectiveness.
- Supervise the AV engineering staff. Clearly and consistently communicate with team members to establish performance goals and evaluate progress.
- Share knowledge and understanding across Engineering & Operations teams, driving simplification and automation of responsibilities wherever possible
- Conduct regular staff assessments on key skill set areas, identifying opportunities for training and development.
- Review effectiveness of audio-visual best practices, operations and make appropriate adjustments.
- Conduct regular gap analysis to identify possible areas for a technology refresh or performance improvement.
- Contribute to regular planning and discussion of upcoming events and identify potential challenges and methods to overcome those challenges prior to the event.
- Oversee audio-visual equipment repairs and preventative maintenance services, including managing service maintenance vendor contracts.
- Review and contribute to AV technical documentation including signal flow diagrams and integration topologies.
- Work closely with event stakeholders to discuss the implementation and technical direction of events and oversee the execution of AV production logistics for all events.
- Provide event management support as necessary, including serving as technical facilitator for high-level events.
- Develop and manage annual budgets to ensure that relevant AV needs are funded and procured successfully
- Demonstrated leadership experience. Must have the ability to inspire and foster team commitment and trust, facilitate cooperation, and motivate team members to accomplish team goals and personal best.
- Experience with audio-visual elements of event production required. Familiarity with product lines including Crestron, AMX, Extron, Polycom, Cisco, Linksys, etc.
- Ability to prioritise and organise production activities to use time and staffing resources effectively.
- Ability to easily understand and resolve technical problems related to integrated audio-visual systems.
- Strong organisational, administrative, and project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple priorities on deadline.
- Outstanding customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Confident, articulate, and professional speaking abilities.
- Budget management experience is strongly preferred.
- Expertise with the following technologies:
- Google Meet including the related meeting ecosystem.
- Zoom, Teams, WebEx
- Shure audio systems
- OBS or similar streaming tools
- IPTV networks
- Live streaming and event recording
- Control rooms, live streaming, scheduling content, pre-recordings, editing and uploading content
We're also interested in…
- Experience delivering any of the following:
- ZenDesk / ServiceNow / Looker / Data Studio
- Blackmagic cameras and ATEM Switchers
- Yamaha sound systems
- DaVinci Resolve
- Experience creating insightful dashboards and presentations
- Exposure to any of Agile, DevOps, SDLC, ITIL and Lean.
- Relevant higher education and professional certifications such as Q-Sys, Extron, Christie, Crestron
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, as they want it, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and and we are always looking for new ideas.
Benefits And Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgment when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.