Regional Operations Manager, Planning & Performance
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
UK&I Rider Operations
The U.K. & Ireland are our domestic and most mature markets. Functions include commercial, operations and marketing, and teams in the UK&I partner closely with global functions such as product, technology and consumer to deliver results for our customers.
The Planning & Performance team sits within Rider Operations and is responsible for the availability, reliability and efficiency of the delivery network across the UK and Ireland. This considers demand management, profitability, logistics, rider fees and incentives, and is key to our customer proposition.
Deliveroo’s on-demand operations are complex, with a multitude of moving parts and stakeholders. It will be your job to use your logical and inquisitive mindset to unpick these moving parts, and both reactively and proactively suggest ways of maximising marketplace experience, growth and profit.
You will have ownership of Rider Operations for a specific region, and will work closely with other UK&I teams to try and achieve an optimal balance between service, profitability and selection for your region, solving complex operational challenges along the way. Your work will build upon the importance of our three-sided marketplace and ensure that the voices of the riders, restaurants and consumers are represented in decision making.
What you’ll be doing
- Ownership of operational performance and execution for a region
- Close collaboration with multiple internal stakeholders (including Commercial, Marketing, Strategy, Finance) to achieve regional objectives by seeking continuous improvement of our key metrics and solving crucial operational challenges.
- Driving cost reductions, often via novel solutions, to improve regional profitability
- End-to-end problem solving; actively seeking out opportunities in your region, investigating abnormal trends and patterns, diagnosing a root cause, and implementing a fix.
- Based in Deliveroo’s London HQ, with travel around the UKI, to build “on the ground” operational knowledge and facilitate more effective collaboration with the Regional Commercial teams.
We have a high-performing team in place and are therefore receptive to trading off prior experience to develop a high potential candidate.
- A high standard of university level education or equivalent experience
- Proficient in data analysis, and especially able to draw clear, actionable conclusions from large datasets
- Comfortable working in ambiguity and independently with an ownership mindset, as well as part of a team
- Strong stakeholder management skills, with the ability to influence stakeholders at various levels of seniority
- Comfortable handling multiple work streams at the same time
- A passion for learning, continuous improvement, and innovation
- Right to work in the UK
Preferred, but not required
- 2+ years of experience in a relevant role such as Consulting, Retail, Logistics or in a high growth business
- Experience with SQL, or willing to learn
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.