Service Excellence Lead
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
At Deliveroo, service is at the heart of our mission to build the definitive food company - in this role, you will be too.
As Service Excellence Lead, you’ll find solutions to some of the toughest, most exciting questions to deliver a seamless customer experience: an important strategic pillar at Deliveroo.We are looking for someone to lead and structure complex concepts to achieve our strategy to reduce bad customer outcomes and improve service. You will help identify service level improvement opportunities, driving change within the company by managing senior partners across the organisation.
What you'll do:
You will work in a dynamic team with exposure to many different teams across multiple markets, and will report to the Global Operations Senior Strategy Manager. Main responsibilities include:
- Develop an understanding of drivers of bad customer outcomes within each side of our marketplace (rider, restaurant and customer) and the impact of any trade-offs
- Deliver through others - plan, coordinate and govern work streams to reduce bad customer outcomes; manage partners and collaborate with teams across the business, including local markets and product teams, to identify areas of improvement and deliver impactful projects
- Lead and communicate strategic analysis to better understand what improvements need to be made to reduce bad customer outcomes and take the lead on delivering on the vision
- Performance management - monitor relevant metrics on weekly basis to identify any important issues and work with impacted teams to perform deep dives and advance solutions
You’ll partner with the following teams:
- Tech – contribute with your expertise and inform priorities on initiative that have the most impact on reducing bad customer outcomes
- Global Operations and Commercial – to lead improvement for our customer outcomes working with rider and restaurant teams
- Local Operations and Commercial teams – to inform relevant prioritisation of projects to reduce the worst customer outcomes and to materialise improvements at a local level
- Global Consumer team – to understand relevant customer trends and ensure features and plans positively affect our customer experience
What we're looking for:
- 6+ years of experience working in working in a high-paced and project-based organisation, such as management consultancy, investment banking, or tech-led company
- A deep desire to solve real-world problems, who sees the beauty of data and structure and how important these are to understanding a problem and identifying solutions
- You are comfortable conducting 80/20 analysis, drawing out business insights from that analysis and presenting recommendations to senior leaders
- Solid Excel skills
Desirable, but not required:
- Modelling skills i.e., pivot tables and INDEX MATCH
- Knowledge of core SQL
Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer many great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an exciting space.