Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
About Deliveroo Editions
We are on a mission to be the definitive food company. With a dash of hard-work, a sprinkle of teamwork and a whole dollop of creativity, we created “Editions” which is our ‘dark kitchens’ business. We have partnered with some fantastic restaurants such as Wagamama, Starbucks, Pho and Gourmet Burger Company to help further connect them with hungry customers.
Delivery-only kitchens have never been higher profile, or more valuable for improving service and selection for customers. Deliveroo Editions were the world's first delivery-only kitchens, and we are still the market leaders in helping our restaurant partners succeed. What’s even more exciting is that we’re expanding our portfolio further.
Great people help to drive our business forward and we are always looking for more to join our sites. If you don’t have the exact experience, that’s okay, we’d still love to hear from you.
Does this sound tasty to you? Take a look at our Restaurant Manager role and apply below to join the Roo family.
If you are a natural leader with a passion for food and you are customer obsessed then this role is for you! The Site manager role covers different tasks across the Editions site where you will oversee the site, ensuring a smooth running of the operation, including taking charge of dispatch, collaborating with all restaurant partners to deliver food inline with our goals and working with riders.
An important part of this role surrounds your ability to step into any of the roles on site.
Responsibilities will include:
- Promote KPIs and profitability.
- Conduct weekly kitchen audits to ensure safe trading.
- Conduct monthly Health and Safety audits for the site.
- Create daily and weekly reports to the partners and towards higher management.
- Ensure the site standards are followed on site on a daily basis.
- Work with the Assistant Manager to maintain and achieve standards
- Manage a team of 4 or more.
- Opening and closing responsibilities.
- Log maintenance calls and communicate with contractors.
- Communicate with chefs and partners daily.
- Manage ancillary stock and orders.
- Work with Partners chefs,dealing with customer queries.
- Manage labour cost and P&L.
- Resolve live issues.
Who we are looking for:
- Trained to Food Safety level 3 as a minimum (training provided)
- Food Safety & Health and Safety compliance requirements
- First Aid training ideal (training provided if required)
- Fire Marshal training ideal (training provided if required)
- Experience meeting targets and stock control.
- Hospitality background with management experience.
- Microsoft skills
- Communicate at all levels of business
- Right to work in the UK.
- Personal licence (training provided)
What to expect from the interview process
Step 1: apply for any role you'd like to be considered for - we'd love to hear from you!
Step 2: if your application is successful, one of our recruitment team will be in touch to say hello and understand more about your experience
Step 3: if we decide to progress your application, you will be invited to an interview with our two of our hiring managers where you will demonstrate SWOT and present a 30 day business plan
Step 4: We'll come back to you quickly after your interview to let you know the outcome!
- 10% discretionary annual bonus
- 25 days holiday, increases with length of service
- Free food and LOTS of it
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Life assurance
- Access to discounts in other companies via our benefits portal
- Employee assistance programme
- Company paid team meals and nights out
- Online learning courses delivered by global universities
- Clear career development path
- Subsidised health insurance & dental insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
Workplace and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer multiple great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an exciting space.