Senior Risk, Control & Compliance Manager (9 Month FTC)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Senior Compliance Manager - 9 Month FTC
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders, across several countries, rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
What you would be doing
This is a Global role, operating from London HQ, the role will see you assisting in leading the project and setting up the framework for upcoming UK SOX. You will be working fairly autonomously, so we are looking for a confident and agile individual to come into the business and get stuck in. It is an exciting time to join the business and help build and lead the program, which is an opportunity to really add value to the business.
- Manage components of the Group's Internal Controls over Financial Reporting and UK SOx compliance programme, and act as a central point of contact and subject matter expert to ensure appropriate internal controls (manual and system) over financial reporting and our wider operational and compliance controls are designed and implemented.
- Be the lead for the programme by collaborating with cross-functional teams including Finance, HR, Tech, Legal etc. to stay up to date on significant changes that may have an impact on the design, implementation, and operating effectiveness of controls.
- Be the champion for the programme and report to the Steering Committee on progress and flag any issues or roadblocks.
- Support the delivery and maintenance of all areas of ICFR and wider operational and compliance controls, including process modelling, Entity Level controls, process narratives, flowcharts, Risk & Control Matrices, other procedural documentation. and the development of an efficient testing methodology.
- The ideal candidate for this position will have prior experience of designing and implementing Internal Financial Controls for a large corporation or as a consultant with a top Practice firm. You will most likely be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA).
What do you need to bring to the table?
- Experienced at working in (or with) fast-paced start-ups
- Be a self-starter who is able to solve complex problems
- Strong ability to understand and manipulate data sets
- Demonstrate a practical, innovative, and pragmatic approach to mitigating risk
- Flexible, adaptable, and comfortable working with ambiguity
- Have excellent communication skills
- Strong and proven project management skills
- Able to influence and negotiate with a wide range of stakeholders
- Have a strong 'moral compass'
- Be detail-oriented, but also able to see the "wood for the trees"
- Qualified accountant with experience conducting and managing audits of large and complex listed entities
- Have proven expertise in evaluating risks and designing controls in accordance with the COSO Enterprise Risk Management and Integrated Control frameworks
Life at Deliveroo
We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgment when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a