Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We want to be the platform that people turn to whenever they think about food. We continue to operate in a competitive marketplace but have achieved so much over the past year, including growth in our Hop, Grocery, Editions, Signature & Plus businesses.
We continue to innovate and challenge ourselves on what we should deliver next to achieve our mission. We are investing and building teams to help us launch new products. It's an exciting time to join and while we have made great progress, we are just getting started!
We are on a mission to be the definitive food company. With a dash of hard-work, a sprinkle of teamwork and a whole dollop of creativity, we created “Editions” which is our ‘dark kitchens’ business. We have partnered with some fantastic restaurants such as Wagamama, Starbucks, Pho and Gourmet Burger Company to help further connect them with hungry customers.
Delivery-only kitchens have never been higher profile, or more valuable for improving service and selection for customers. Deliveroo Editions were the world's first delivery-only kitchens, and we are still the market leaders in helping our restaurant partners succeed. What’s even more exciting is that we’re expanding our portfolio further.
As part of our Editions delivery only kitchen offering, we sometimes send out samples of stock from large, well known brands when they are running promotions on new lines for example. To better facilitate this, we are setting up a new warehouse to receive this stock in bulk and then distribute it ourselves to our network of London Editions kitchens.
Reporting to the Head of Editions Site Operations UK, the role of the Hub & Spoke Site Manager is to create and manage a seamless distribution operation to service all of our dark kitchen sites across the capital. This includes but isn’t limited to; creating a distribution plan and partnering with 3rd party companies to ensure we can get stock to our dark kitchens on time, writing out warehouse best practices from scratch, controlling and keeping a record of all incoming inventory and managing a team to hit KPIs set.
What you'll be doing
- Develop, train and motivate all employees to achieve targets
- Form relationships onboard & manage 3rd party distribution companies
- Ensure each delivery only kitchen is receiving the correct amount of stock on the correct dates
- Manage the distribution schedules for live campaigns to ensure stock is always on hand at a site level
- Take the existing tool we have developed and improve them further - we want you to tell us the best way to achieve our goal
- Create and manage the rota for employees to suit business needs, including ensuring all hours logged correctly and authorising any holiday and leave
- Review operational performance to seek areas to improve
- Minimise wastage by conducting regular stock counts and inventory checks
- Ensure a well maintained warehouse
- Ensure compliance with all Health & Safety and Due Diligence measures in place for their operation
- Maintain good relations to uphold Deliveroo's positive reputation with all external parties, e.g.neighbours, landlords, and contractors
- Collaborate with your different counterparts across the business to improve overall operational performance
- Demonstrable logistics experience
- Experience within a startup environment where you have had to define processes and KPI’s is advantageous
- A good understanding and track record in managing and influencing the P&L and KPIs performance of your business
- Great knowledge of health and safety compliance requirements
- Previous experience leading a team, including training, and developing team members
- 'Can do, never give up' attitude and the desire to grow and succeed with one of the world's fastest growing food-tech companies
- First Aid training ideal (training provided if required)
- Right to work in the UK
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer many great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.