Head of Platform - Core
Lloyds Banking Group
Location: Bristol City, Edinburgh, Greater London, Greater Manchester, West Yorkshire, West Yorkshire
Job Type: Full time
End DateTuesday 28 June 2022
Salary Range£115,120 - £143,900
Agile Working OptionsOther Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary.
***The base salary banding for this role is £116,272 - £174,408 in London and £100,352 - £150,528 outside of London, plus the benefits listed below.***
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK’s largest Digital, Retail and Commercial Bank with a focus on Helping Britain Prosper.
We’re on the mission to build the bank of the future, and we need your help to do it!
Continuing our extensive transformation programme, we're redefining what a bank is from the inside out. Our technology, our culture, and our mind-set is changing to craft a true engineering-led organisation.
Our Cloud Services platform is looking for a Head of Platform Core. You’ll define, build, and run the core building blocks that enable an ecosystem of platforms and services that deliver IT resources and environments on demand in a self-serve way. You will enable Lloyds Banking Group to adopt multiple clouds through a unified control and management plane that accelerates the delivery of business applications and services.
You’ll role model our values & behaviours and shape, coach and lead a team of Technical Product Owners and Engineering Leads together aligning our Platform agenda with the Groups Strategy.
What you’ll get involved with
- Define and deliver a unified control and management plane and framework for adopting multiple clouds (GCP, Azure, AWS)
- Leading an organization of platform product teams
- Run and operate the products delivered (DevOps) to security and service standards defined within LBG
- Supporting and enabling both value streams and platforms consumers adoption
- Responsibility and understanding of building fit for purpose solutions that are optimised financially
- Building a team that can deliver effective products using a varied supply chain
What’s needed to be considered for this role?
For this senior leadership role in a growing organisation, we’re looking for a good balance between leader and inspiring the team with the ability to get ‘hands on’ when needed.
- A deep understanding about how to build virtual data centres, provisioning systems, enterprise grade controls and IT management systems
- Consistent track record of leading engineering teams in an enterprise environment
- Excellent collaboration within internal teams and across project teams/ external partners/vendors.
- Good knowledge of agile and lean start-up practices
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to translate platform consumers needs into technical products
- Ability to pragmatically balance the demands of consumers with the need to maintain the integrity of the target platform.
- Ability to lead, coach and mentor.
- A broad understanding of Cloud Platforms: GCP, Azure, AWS
- Experience in building platforms for developers
- Ability to define technical products, roadmaps, user journeys and APIs (REST, GraphQL, gRPC)
- Ability to define and review technical architectures
- Good knowledge of distributed systems and architectures
- Good knowledge of networking protocols
- An understanding of the internals of the cloud platforms and services
- Good knowledge of security protocols and access management
- Ability to review code in different programming languages (java, c++, python,go …) and knowledgeable in programming paradigms (object oriented, functional programming )
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Ability to be hands on and create prototypes and MVP of the different platform products
- Experience in working with CI/CD and DevOps Approaches.
- Experience in delivering infrastructure as code based solutions based on known languages (terraform, pulumi, ansible)
- Good knowledge of systems programming and Linux is a plus
- Experience in Azure DevOps and Github actions is a plus
What you’d get in return
As a team we have all embraced working from home. We fully support the new developing workstyles, taking a flexible approach to future working. Whilst we can't accommodate every option, we are happy to consider any flexible working request.
Together we make it possible.
We'll also give you a broad remuneration package which includes:
- A performance share bonus
- A generous pension contribution
- A flex cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle
- Private health cover
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Various share schemes including free shares
So, if you have a desire to work in a challenging Engineering role in a dynamic environment with quality at the heart of thinking, whilst gaining skills and experience within a friendly and motivated team then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you!
We’re committed to building a team which reﬂects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-based culture, focused on making a difference.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain recover. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.