Sponsorship & Right to Work Manager
Lloyds Banking Group
Location: Bristol City, Cardiff, Greater London, West Yorkshire
Job Type: Full time
End DateSunday 03 July 2022
Salary Range£51,384 - £64,231
Agile Working OptionsFlexible / Variable Hours
Job Description SummaryInterprets and Implements HR policy and delivers high quality professional advice and support to senior stakeholders EITHER through managing a team AND/OR operating as a generalist or specialist in a specific HR discipline.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we have a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. What we do makes a genuine difference to families, businesses, and communities as we play a central role in creating a thriving UK economy. Together we'll deliver our strategic vision 2022 of being a UK focused digital leader and integrated financial service provider with our aim to become the best bank for our customers, colleagues, and shareholders.
You'll be joining our team during a time of significant focus and change, leading to opportunities to simplify and improve processes from the offset.
As an Immigration Specialist, you’ll have the ability to embed best practice in immigration compliance across policies, procedures and processes. You will be comfortable acting as a trusted advisor to key partners on immigration matters, answering queries, offering guidance and able to deliver training as necessary. You’ll be managing a team of colleagues that process Applications & Certificate of Sponsorships, aligning with reporting duties on the Sponsorship Management System (SMS). Your team will also be in charge of Migrant Worker tracking, ensuring all records are maintained and up to date and preparing for internal and external audits.
What you'll be doing...
- Overseeing the Sponsorship and Right To Work Team who are responsible for case managing UK immigration applications, providing expert immigration advice to HR, recruiters and business leaders and engaging government authorities involved in the immigration matters
- Strong UK immigration experience, identifying key trends and developing initiatives
- Act as a subject matter expert and advise on complex case situations
- Partner with internal teams to review and understand the impact of UKVI changes and communicate changes clearly to the wider business
- Provide advice on UK immigration policies and their impact on business and hiring strategies
- Conduct regular reviews of current processes and legislation to ensure ongoing compliance and to support continuous improvement
- Experienced level 1 user on the SMS
- Record keeping
Key Capabilities, Knowledge, Skills and Experience...
Previous experience in an Immigration role
SMS level 1 user experience
Strong attention to detail and an improvement attitude
Influences others to achieve objectives
Effective written and verbal communication skills
The above should include being able to:-
Work under pressure and apply logical thinking to problem solving
Build & maintain internal / external customer relationships. Manage expectations of all internal and external partners
Communicate and provide guidance to individuals at all levels. Take ownership for queries / issues through to resolution
Work as a team
Interested? Apply today. Together we make it possible.
We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our Organisation.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive environment where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
What you’ll receive in return…
You’ll be offered a competitive package which includes:
- Salary – dependent on location and experience,
- A generous pension contribution; and
- Flex cash to spend on a host of benefits to suit your lifestyle
- 30 days annual leave
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain recover. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.