Software Developer - Transaction Reporting
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We are looking for a talented hands-on Senior Developer to join our Transaction Reporting team.
As part of the team, you will help build out our cloud-based platform and support the existing systems. We offer the opportunity to use the latest technologies like Akka, Docker, Kubernetes and EKS to deliver highly scalable and robust systems, which are responsible for meeting Macquarie Group's regulatory transaction reporting needs. You will be working with multi-talented and diverse teams in multiple geographical locations in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Deliver well tested technical JIRAs.
- Contribute to design and refinement sessions; interact with users to understand their needs.
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines in highly innovative and fast paced environment.
- Work in a geographically dispersed team
- Support automated system testing, user testing, and production implementation.
- Provide L2/3 support
- One or more JDK languages - we primarily use Java 11 but are happy to hear from candidates using Scala, Kotlin or others!
- Some experience in Python is highly desirable
- Some experience in C++ is highly desirable
- Challenge, innovate and help drive our deliveries and shape our technical direction.
- End to end application ownership including release management
- SQL Databases (Postgres 12+ preferred)
- Unit testing and TDD
- Messaging formats – XML, JSON
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.