Senior Data Engineer – Fleete – EV - Green Investment Group EMEA
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Join our Green Investment Group as a highly motivated Senior Data Engineer within our e-mobility business to help the Group support the transition to a low carbon, sustainable global economy. This is a London-based role, but with the option to be based in another location with frequent travel to London. Initially, you will work in the Energy Technology team reporting to the CTO, e-Mobility. Ultimately, it is envisaged that this role will transfer into Fleete, a dedicated EV platform business at which point, you will be reporting to the CTO tasked with delivering electric vehicle (EV) charging and energy management products, services and digital technologies, for both public and private sector B2B clients, across Europe.
You will be a talented and passionate Senior Data Engineer helping the design, build and deployment of digital platforms and tools enabling algorithmic modelling, calculations and energy optimisation at scale. In this role, you will be able to see first-hand positive business outcomes of your work developing and managing data pipelines with different languages and systems, building prototypes based on business requirements, reviewing new tools and systems, creating and maintaining data products, automated tasks, pipelines, integration, testing and creating domain-specific analytics and Omni-channel data driven workflows. You will have a unique opportunity to work with a talented team encouraged to take ownership and accountability of your work.
- Design, build and deploy platforms and tools enabling algorithmic modelling, calculations and quantitative energy optimisation at scale
- Alongside the Technology and Commercial teams, identify and address product use cases, business requirements to accelerate R&D
- Envision, implement and promote testing and deployment frameworks that maximise model resiliency and optimisation
- Anticipate, detect and respond to data or model anomalies
- Demonstrate software best practices among quantitative and model development and support the continuity and maintainability of multi-stakeholder repositories
- Develop and disseminate shared tools and libraries aligned with evolving technology roadmap
- Synthesize computer science fundamentals and business context to optimize critical tools and processes for EV, Energy Management, IOT, OEM data
To excel in this role, you will ideally have:
- Experience designing and building software tools supporting one or more of the following: quantitative analysis, applied ESG modelling, machine learning and/or artificial intelligence pipelines, numerical or optimization methods for complex engineering or physical systems
- Expert python proficiency, including developer tools and common libraries for data science (e.g. pandas, NumPy etc.)
- SQL proficiency
- Experience of managing contractors and service providers
- A genuine interest in being part of delivering the smart, low carbon energy transition and achieving net zero
It would be a bonus if you’re familiar with:
- Core concepts and methods in statistics, machine learning, optimisation, quantitative finance or artificial intelligence
- Using python packages for optimisation, predictive modelling or reinforcement learning
- No SQL data storage solutions
- AWS or other cloud technologies
- Distributed computing fundamentals and solutions, including HPC frameworks and cluster computing
- Mobility and energy sectors
- Other scientific and mathematical programming languages
Having a Learning Mindset is a key value of our Group and we support our staff by giving them access to a variety of learning resources and accreditation.
Transfer within EV Business
We anticipate that in late 2022/early 2023 your employment will transfer to Fleete, the company which has been incorporated to house GIG’s European EV Platform, along with other employees of the Employer who are assigned to that business. Fleete is a charging infrastructure and services provider for operators of electric commercial vehicles. Our turnkey charging-as-a-service model helps customers get their electric fleet on the road and keep them driving, 24/7, 365 days a year. Established by Macquarie’s Green Investment Group, we ensure that the transition to electric fleets is as economic, efficient and easy as possible. The Employer will provide information to you regarding the terms of that transfer in due course.
About The Green Investment Group
Green Investment Group (GIG) is a specialist green investor within Macquarie Asset Management, and a global leader in the development of companies, assets and technologies that aim to accelerate the global transition to net zero. Initially launched by the UK Government in 2012 as the Green Investment Bank, it was the first institution of its type in the world. Acquired by Macquarie in 2017, GIG has grown to become one of the world’s largest green investors with a development pipeline of more than 30 GW in over 25 markets, spanning established renewables and emerging green technologies.
Macquarie Asset Management is a global asset manager that aims to deliver positive impact for everyone. Trusted by institutions, pension funds, governments, and individuals to manage more than $A735.5 billion/EUR459.0/GBP394.6/USD531.7 in assets globally. Macquarie Asset Management is part of Macquarie Group, a diversified financial group providing clients with asset management, finance, banking, advisory and risk and capital solutions across debt, equity, and commodities.
All figures as at 31 March 2022.
For more information, visit greeninvestmentgroup.com and macquarie.com
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.