Group Treasury Analytics
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Group Treasury is a division of the Financial Management Group, reporting to the CFO. The division is responsible for the management of the funding, liquidity and capital position of Macquarie Group.
We currently have an opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join the Group Treasury Team based in London. If you are looking for the opportunity to build on your existing knowledge and experience in what is a challenging and dynamic team, then this is the role for you.
In this role you will contribute to the multidisciplinary role of the London Treasury team, with the focus on Funding and Liquidity. You will also work with close collaboration across Macquarie’s businesses and will involve working with colleagues globally.
Given the nature of the team in London, your responsibilities will be across a number of Treasury activities including:
- Contributing to the liquidity risk management of Macquarie’s UK and European regulated entities, including liquidity policy updates, Internal Liquidity Adequacy Assessment Plans / Internal Capital Adequacy and Risk Assessments processes, regular liquidity scenario analysis and monitoring of liquid asset buffers.
- Providing analysis and input into liquidity modelling and scenario analysis and preparation of management information relating to liquidity and board reports.
- Keeping abreast of regulatory developments impacting liquidity management and funding. This includes the implementation of UK IFPR, EU IFR/IFD, CRD and other upcoming regulation within Europe and interaction with our regulatory reporting team on liquidity returns.
- Developing relationships with business functions in order to advise on the balance sheet and liquidity impact of new products and strategies
- Provide support on funding and liquidity matters and facilitating dialogue with Group Treasury teams in Sydney, Dublin, Jacksonville, and Gurugram.
To be successful, you will have the confidence, drive and problem-solving skills to innovate and deliver great outcomes. We are looking for highly motivated and flexible team players who have:
- A degree level-qualification, preferably in a business/finance/economics or related discipline and with at least 2-3 years of experience within banking and finance.
- A professional qualification (in Accountancy or Finance) is not essential but will be advantageous.
- An understanding of liquidity risk and the ability to interpret a range of financial information.
- An interest and understanding of financial products and markets.
- Advanced software skills (MS Office), with proficiency in Excel.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to understand and succinctly explain complex data.
- An ability to resolve competing priorities and communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders.
- An aptitude for creative and innovative thinking whilst also having strong attention to detail.
About the Financial Management Group
In our Financial Management Group you will be part of a team that provides strategic analysis and advice on capital, funding, liquidity, tax and financial performance to support the growth of Macquarie's businesses around the world. You will join a team that ensures Macquarie continues to meet its financial, regulatory and tax reporting compliance obligations in the jurisdictions in which we operate, and a team that maintains significant relationships on behalf of the Group.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.